eddie

Default zanussi washing machine

Hi
The timer knob on my zanussi washing machine is knackered I thought it was
just a case of screwing the top off and removing the knob to replace it but
there is two funny shaped screws that hold it on and I was wondering if I
can get a tool to take them off....
Thanks from Eddie in
Glasgow

Set Square

eddie wrote:

Hi
The timer knob on my zanussi washing machine is knackered I thought
it was just a case of screwing the top off and removing the knob to
replace it but there is two funny shaped screws that hold it on and I
was wondering if I can get a tool to take them off....
Thanks from Eddie in
Glasgow

Almost certainly! What do the screw heads look like? [Uploading a photo and
posting the URL here would be even better].
--
Cheers,
Set Square

yes of course. I guess you'll need a funny shaped tool, which one
depends on which kind of screw head it is.

NT

larry

wrote in message
oups.com...
yes of course. I guess you'll need a funny shaped tool, which one
depends on which kind of screw head it is.

NT

if its like my zanussi washer, they are security torx type and places like
rs components sell them. i just picked a set up from cpc at a good price as
i was ordering a load of other stuff.

larry

Set Square

larry wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
yes of course. I guess you'll need a funny shaped tool, which one
depends on which kind of screw head it is.

NT

if its like my zanussi washer, they are security torx type and places
like rs components sell them. i just picked a set up from cpc at a
good price as i was ordering a load of other stuff.

larry

Security torx screws usually have a pin in the middle of the head -
requiring a special bit with a hole in the middle to fit over the pin. I
have often found that these pins can easily be snapped off - enabling an
ordinary torx bit to be used.
--
Cheers,
Set Square