Sam

Default Oh bugger I ballsed up! help!

I removed the front of our Creda 37374 tumbledryer to replace the broken
drivebelt, an easy job, well should be. But because I was rushing I removed
the connectors for the door switch and failed to lable them or note their
connections. Doh! silly me.

Anyway I'm particularly stumped because there are three connectors, none of
which is an earth. I would have thought the switch would need only two.
There are three wires, one is pink and white, one is brown and white and the
other just brown. Does anyone know which is which or a scheme to figure it
out with my multimeter?

Cheers all.

Sam

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Sam wrote:
There are three wires, one is pink and white, one is brown and white and
the other just brown. Does anyone know which is which or a scheme to
figure it out with my multimeter?

Sounds like it's a changeover switch. You should be able to identify this
with the meter set to continuity. If it is, I'd guess at brown to common,
and then experiment with the other two - I doubt it'll do any harm.

--
*I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
s--p--o--n--i--x

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:57:28 -0000, "Sam" wrote:

I removed the front of our Creda 37374 tumbledryer to replace the broken
drivebelt, an easy job, well should be. But because I was rushing I removed
the connectors for the door switch and failed to lable them or note their
connections. Doh! silly me.

Anyway I'm particularly stumped because there are three connectors, none of
which is an earth. I would have thought the switch would need only two.
There are three wires, one is pink and white, one is brown and white and the
other just brown. Does anyone know which is which or a scheme to figure it
out with my multimeter?

Sounds like one common wire which connects to one of the other two
depending whether the door is open or closed.

My guess would be that the stripey wires are the switch contacts and
the solid coloured wire is the common but it's anyones guess..

sPoNiX
Lobster

Sam wrote:
I removed the front of our Creda 37374 tumbledryer to replace the broken
drivebelt, an easy job, well should be. But because I was rushing I removed
the connectors for the door switch and failed to lable them or note their
connections. Doh! silly me.

Anyway I'm particularly stumped because there are three connectors, none of
which is an earth. I would have thought the switch would need only two.
There are three wires, one is pink and white, one is brown and white and the
other just brown. Does anyone know which is which or a scheme to figure it
out with my multimeter?

Try asking at http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk

David
Ian Stirling

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Sam wrote:
There are three wires, one is pink and white, one is brown and white and
the other just brown. Does anyone know which is which or a scheme to
figure it out with my multimeter?

Sounds like it's a changeover switch. You should be able to identify this
with the meter set to continuity. If it is, I'd guess at brown to common,
and then experiment with the other two - I doubt it'll do any harm.

The OP may be able to identify the common (if it is a common) by
measuring from the supply to the board to the various wires.
Usually, there will be under an ohm from the 'common' to either positive
or negative supplys, or live/neutral if it's run from 240V.
Getting it round the wrong way should not do any harm other than flooding
if you're stupid enough to leave it on.

Bugger! njf>badger Woodworking 21 October 14th 04 04:25 AM
Yanks and Christmas Bobby Bewl Woodworking 50 December 30th 03 12:54 AM