Ian Stirling

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Sam wrote:
There are three wires, one is pink and white, one is brown and white and
the other just brown. Does anyone know which is which or a scheme to
figure it out with my multimeter?

Sounds like it's a changeover switch. You should be able to identify this
with the meter set to continuity. If it is, I'd guess at brown to common,
and then experiment with the other two - I doubt it'll do any harm.

The OP may be able to identify the common (if it is a common) by
measuring from the supply to the board to the various wires.
Usually, there will be under an ohm from the 'common' to either positive
or negative supplys, or live/neutral if it's run from 240V.
Getting it round the wrong way should not do any harm other than flooding
if you're stupid enough to leave it on.