Richard Savage

Default Potterton Suprima 100 update

Was in my local plumbers merchants on Friday and the conversation turned
to the above boiler.

I observed how poor they are and that I had only stopped mine from
randomly locking out by removing the PCB and re-making all the soldered
connections. Whereupon, bloke behind counter commented that he had
replaced his Suprima after the heat exhanger had crumbled away and also
that Potterton had changed the PCBs in all unsold Suprima boilers last
year having changed the PCB manufacturers. Interesting, no?

Richard

geoff

In message , Richard Savage
writes
Was in my local plumbers merchants on Friday and the conversation
turned to the above boiler.

I observed how poor they are and that I had only stopped mine from
randomly locking out by removing the PCB and re-making all the soldered
connections. Whereupon, bloke behind counter commented that he had
replaced his Suprima after the heat exhanger had crumbled away and also
that Potterton had changed the PCBs in all unsold Suprima boilers last
year having changed the PCB manufacturers. Interesting, no?

Not before time - shame it's a good earner

Potterton assert that there is "no issue with the pcbs" ha ha

--
geoff
Ed Sirett

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:19:15 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , Richard Savage
writes
Was in my local plumbers merchants on Friday and the conversation
turned to the above boiler.

I observed how poor they are and that I had only stopped mine from
randomly locking out by removing the PCB and re-making all the soldered
connections. Whereupon, bloke behind counter commented that he had
replaced his Suprima after the heat exhanger had crumbled away and also
that Potterton had changed the PCBs in all unsold Suprima boilers last
year having changed the PCB manufacturers. Interesting, no?

Not before time - shame it's a good earner

Potterton assert that there is "no issue with the pcbs" ha ha

The best lies are so close to the truth:
"No issue with the pcbs, now."

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Potterton Suprima Lockout Roly UK diy 4 July 18th 05 10:20 PM
Potterton Suprima (50) problems. Dave UK diy 5 January 3rd 04 01:33 AM
CH boiler - making droning noise - Potterton Suprima 60 Eric the Red UK diy 2 September 29th 03 03:01 PM
Potterton Suprima 80 Michael UK diy 5 September 25th 03 10:17 PM
Potterton Suprima froggers UK diy 2 September 22nd 03 11:07 PM