Michael

Default Potterton Suprima 80

I have a simple problem. Potterton Suprima 80 boiler. Problem since
new 1 year old. The boiler does not stay on long enough, I have temp
guage on the outlet copper pipe from boiler newer goes much above
60degree. I have had the circuit board changed, the temp sensor
changed, as recommended by various plumbers. Yet I have the same
problem. The temp control knob is on max. The same problem, the boiler
stays on for 2mins then goes off. Why does the dam thing not stay
on!!!

Anyone who has a solution, or have had similar problem most welcome to
contribute.
Ed Sirett

Michael wrote:

I have a simple problem. Potterton Suprima 80 boiler. Problem since
new 1 year old. The boiler does not stay on long enough, I have temp
guage on the outlet copper pipe from boiler newer goes much above
60degree. I have had the circuit board changed, the temp sensor
changed, as recommended by various plumbers. Yet I have the same
problem. The temp control knob is on max. The same problem, the boiler
stays on for 2mins then goes off. Why does the dam thing not stay
on!!!

Anyone who has a solution, or have had similar problem most welcome to
contribute.

Check that the primary water is actually able to flow well - stuck pump?

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
Michael

Ed Sirett wrote in message ...
Michael wrote:

I have a simple problem. Potterton Suprima 80 boiler. Problem since
new 1 year old. The boiler does not stay on long enough, I have temp
guage on the outlet copper pipe from boiler newer goes much above
60degree. I have had the circuit board changed, the temp sensor
changed, as recommended by various plumbers. Yet I have the same
problem. The temp control knob is on max. The same problem, the boiler
stays on for 2mins then goes off. Why does the dam thing not stay
on!!!

Anyone who has a solution, or have had similar problem most welcome to
contribute.

Check that the primary water is actually able to flow well - stuck pump?

No, the pump is setup for fast speed, if its med or low the heating
just gets warm. Only on fast pump does the rads warm up. There is no
air in the system as the plumber has removed it all. Still same
problem Temp control knob on boiler is set to max and the boiler does
not stay on enough to heat the water out from boiler above 60degree.
Ed Sirett

Michael wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote in message ...
Michael wrote:

[...]

I'm sure others have seen this fault before. The temperature sensor(s)
may be out of specification.
I'd go for exchanging one of those first you could also compare the
replacement unit to the installed unit to see if that is the problem.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
Michael

Ed Sirett wrote in message ...
Michael wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote in message ...
Michael wrote:

[...]

is there any chance that the temp control knob device is faulty?. I
know i had replaced the circuit board, but the temp control knob
itself is that on the circuit board or is it a seperate device I think
its called a potentiometer!

geoff

In message , Michael
writes
Ed Sirett wrote in message
. ..
Michael wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote in message
. ..
Michael wrote:

[...]

It's on the back of the control panel, the knob's on the front. Just
next to the reset switch which you should be very familiar with if
you're the proud owner of a Suprima. I think that Suprima temp sensors
are very prone to cracking
--
geoff

Potterton Suprima Lockout Roly UK diy 4 July 18th 05 10:20 PM
Potterton Puma 80 Combi glenn UK diy 12 September 14th 03 09:52 AM
Potterton netaheat Mk IIF 10-16 derek UK diy 10 August 17th 03 12:14 AM
Poxy Potterton boiler again... Colin Swan UK diy 8 July 8th 03 10:44 PM