-= debully =-

Default SDS+ to standard chuck?

Hi,

Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+
drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode?

Cheers,

debully

Dave Plowman

In article ,
-= debully =- wrote:
Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+
drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode?

De Walt do an ordinary chuck with an SDS shank - TLC stock them.

--
*Time is fun when you're having flies... Kermit

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Grimly Curmudgeon

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember "-= debully =-"
saying something like:

Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+
drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode?

An adaptor is available which will screw into a standard Jacobs chuck
and allow you to insert it in the SDS 'ole. They're only a couple of
quid, although I don't know if B&Q and the like has them. You'd find
them at a decent toolstore. I bought the last one from a hire centre.
--

Dave
T i m

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:05:18 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember "-= debully =-"
saying something like:

Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+
drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode?

An adaptor is available which will screw into a standard Jacobs chuck
and allow you to insert it in the SDS 'ole. They're only a couple of
quid, although I don't know if B&Q and the like has them. You'd find
them at a decent toolstore. I bought the last one from a hire centre.

My Argos SDS came with one in the box, same with the Macro version
(14.99 + Vat). I thought it was a std offering (but apparently not)
;-(

I'll have a look to see if our local market stocks them (they stock
most cheap addon things ..) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Seri

"T i m" wrote in message
news deletia
| Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+
| drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode?
|
| An adaptor is available which will screw into a standard Jacobs chuck
| and allow you to insert it in the SDS 'ole. They're only a couple of
| quid, although I don't know if B&Q and the like has them. You'd find
| them at a decent toolstore.
deletia
I purchased a relatively decent 20mm replacement keyless chuck and then an
standard to SDS chuck converter, came to a smidgen over £20 (would have been
less for 12mm chuck), purchased both from B&Q (much as I hate to admit it).

Seri|

OldScrawn

If you;'re in Bristol, there's a big, well known shop in the centre near
Temple Quay.....

Temple Quay? Not in my A to Z. Do you mean Gardiners off Temple Way, or is this
somewhere new?

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Excellent kit BTW, it actually stood up to being used with hammer action
on an SDS drill for a bout a week of solid use

Mine has a special SDS fitting which allows it to turn, but not hammer.

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
John Rouse

In article , -= debully =-
writes
Hi,

Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+
drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode?

Wickes sell one, but it was such a silly price it was cheaper to buy a
corded drill.

J.
--
John Rouse
Christian McArdle

Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+
drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode?

I wouldn't bother. Buy a cheap mains drill. Probably similar cost to the
chuck converter, but far more useful.

Christian.

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Christian McArdle wrote:
Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+
drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode?

I wouldn't bother. Buy a cheap mains drill. Probably similar cost to the
chuck converter, but far more useful.

I'd agree with that. Any normal chuck fitted to an SDS is likely to be
very sloppy - ok for rough drilling, but not nice for anything accurate.
When I bought my De Walt, I got the 'ordinary' chuck included. Think I've
used it once - it makes the whole thing too unwieldy, compared to an
ordinary drill.

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn