Dave Plowman

Default SDS+ to standard chuck?

In article ,
Christian McArdle wrote:
Can anyone suggest where I may find an adapter to fit in my wickes SDS+
drill so I can use standard bits in non hammer mode?

I wouldn't bother. Buy a cheap mains drill. Probably similar cost to the
chuck converter, but far more useful.

I'd agree with that. Any normal chuck fitted to an SDS is likely to be
very sloppy - ok for rough drilling, but not nice for anything accurate.
When I bought my De Walt, I got the 'ordinary' chuck included. Think I've
used it once - it makes the whole thing too unwieldy, compared to an
ordinary drill.

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn