PJ

Default Where to get right angled chuck?

Hello

I've been looking quite thoroughly for a right angled chuck. I've been to my
local DIY stores such as Budget DIY, Sainsbury's Homebase, Focus and Wickes
but none has this item. I've also been looking on the internet and I haven't
seen one for sale at the places I looked.

I have seen a device which is a chuck on the end of a very thick cable
allowing the user to point the bit in any direction independently of the
drill, and if I can't get the right angled chuck I'll have to get this,
though for my purposes the right angled chuck would be better.

I live in Brighton so anywhere close to Brighton would be good, or better
still a web-site where I could buy this item would be excellent.

TIA

--
Patrick

MrCheerful

"PJ" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

there are loads on ebay at present for about the 8 pound mark plus post.

mrcheerful

Grimly Curmudgeon

It was just around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs
began to take hold. I remember PJ saying
something like:

I've been looking quite thoroughly for a right angled chuck. I've been to my
local DIY stores such as Budget DIY, Sainsbury's Homebase, Focus and Wickes
but none has this item. I've also been looking on the internet and I haven't
seen one for sale at the places I looked.

I bought one from Axminster, but their site seems to be down, atm.

www.axminster.co.uk
--

Dave
Mike Barnard

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:13:32 +0000, PJ wrote:

I've been looking quite thoroughly for a right angled chuck. I've been to my

I live in Brighton so anywhere close to Brighton would be good, or better
still a web-site where I could buy this item would be excellent.

I'm in Worthing and a shop here has them, so they said a few days ago
anyway. (Looks for reciepts...)

Aha,

Sterling Power Tools and Fixings,
103 Newland Road, Worthing.

01903 211543

HTH.

--
Regards from Mike Barnard
South Coast, UK.

[To reply by email remove ".trousers" spamtrap from email address]
IMM

"PJ" wrote in message
. com...
Hello

I've been looking quite thoroughly for a right angled chuck. I've been to

my
local DIY stores such as Budget DIY, Sainsbury's Homebase, Focus and

Wickes
but none has this item. I've also been looking on the internet and I

haven't
seen one for sale at the places I looked.

I have seen a device which is a chuck on the end of a very thick cable
allowing the user to point the bit in any direction independently of the
drill, and if I can't get the right angled chuck I'll have to get this,
though for my purposes the right angled chuck would be better.

I live in Brighton so anywhere close to Brighton would be good, or better
still a web-site where I could buy this item would be excellent.

Patrick,

http://www.cumminstools.com/browse.cfm/4,132.html

I bought the above for £10 and this angle driver below for a £5 at the local
tool stall. Does the job well.

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID=313405

sunbeam

"IMM" wrote in message
I bought the above for £10 and this angle driver below for a £5 at the

local
tool stall. Does the job well.
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID=313405

LOL IMM, considering that you reply to the trolls with all sorts of crap,
you keep a really good straight face. Well done.

Grimly Curmudgeon

It was just around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs
began to take hold. I remember "IMM" saying
something like:

I bought the above for £10 and this angle driver below for a £5 at the local
tool stall. Does the job well.

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID=313405

Oh yes; looks like a really high quality piece of kit, there.
--

Dave
IMM

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
It was just around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs
began to take hold. I remember "IMM" saying
something like:

I bought the above for £10 and this angle driver below for a £5 at the

local
tool stall. Does the job well.

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID=313405

Oh yes; looks like a really high quality piece of kit, there.

Works well. You could spend 170 on a battery Makita or £110 on an angle
chuck mains drill if you want. For the occasional angle use, these are
fine.

mike

Saw right angle mains drills (PPPro) for £49 in B&Q yesterday. Well,
they were called "angle drills", had a stubby body - maybe 4-5" - and
a longer handle at right angle so not quite the same as the
Bosch/Mak/Dewalt stuff at Screwfix and wouldn't fit between joists
quite as well, but sort of heading towards a cheap angle drill.....

Just found the pics/tech specs he

http://tinyurl.com/2qp66

Might be a better buy than a cheap chuck that unwinds itself after the
first use.
IMM

"mike" wrote in message
om...

Saw right angle mains drills (PPPro) for £49 in B&Q yesterday. Well,
they were called "angle drills", had a stubby body - maybe 4-5" - and
a longer handle at right angle so not quite the same as the
Bosch/Mak/Dewalt stuff at Screwfix and wouldn't fit between joists
quite as well, but sort of heading towards a cheap angle drill.....

Just found the pics/tech specs he

http://tinyurl.com/2qp66

Might be a better buy than a cheap chuck that unwinds itself after the
first use.

Looks good. You can also use it as a normal drill as the handle position
gives good comfort, which the normal angle drill do not. So, this is not an
expensive occassional use drill. Can't get in as tight as most true angles
drills, but would do so in most cases. And it is less than half the price
of the cheapest mains angle drill.

At 4 inches it would fit between most joists and can be used as a driver
too. About time a well priced drill like this came about.

IMM

"mike" wrote in message
om...

Saw right angle mains drills (PPPro)

No. GMC, with 2 yr guarantee.

for £49 in B&Q yesterday. Well,
they were called "angle drills",

It says "palm drill" on the handle.

had a stubby body - maybe 4-5" - and
a longer handle at right angle so not quite the same as the
Bosch/Mak/Dewalt stuff at Screwfix and wouldn't fit between joists
quite as well, but sort of heading towards a cheap angle drill.....

Just found the pics/tech specs he

http://tinyurl.com/2qp66

Might be a better buy than a cheap chuck that unwinds itself after the
first use.

It will be a lot more powerful than the battery angle drills around.

Andy Hall

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 00:14:56 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
. com...

Saw right angle mains drills (PPPro)

No. GMC, with 2 yr guarantee.

for £49 in B&Q yesterday. Well,
they were called "angle drills",

I thought they'd withdrawn these from sale for reliability reasons....

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 00:14:56 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
. com...

Saw right angle mains drills (PPPro)

No. GMC, with 2 yr guarantee.

for £49 in B&Q yesterday. Well,
they were called "angle drills",

I thought they'd withdrawn these from sale for reliability reasons....

I have never seen one before. You may be mixed up with another drill.

Lurch

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 00:52:46 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "IMM"
strung together this:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 00:14:56 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
. com...

Saw right angle mains drills (PPPro)

No. GMC, with 2 yr guarantee.

for £49 in B&Q yesterday. Well,
they were called "angle drills",

I thought they'd withdrawn these from sale for reliability reasons....

I have never seen one before. You may be mixed up with another drill.

Come on Andy, IMM must be right. How could you try and disagree with
the fountain of knowledge? I think it's illegal to do so in some parts
of the country!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
IMM

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 00:52:46 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "IMM"
strung together this:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 00:14:56 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
. com...

Saw right angle mains drills (PPPro)

No. GMC, with 2 yr guarantee.

for £49 in B&Q yesterday. Well,
they were called "angle drills",

I thought they'd withdrawn these from sale for reliability reasons....

I have never seen one before. You may be mixed up with another drill.

Come on Andy, IMM must be right. How could you try and disagree with
the fountain of knowledge? I think it's illegal to do so in some parts
of the country!

Wow! you are learning. Gosh!

mike

"IMM" wrote...

Saw right angle mains drills (PPPro) for £49 in B&Q yesterday.

No. GMC, with 2 yr guarantee.

Hi John,

Not sure what you're disagreeing with. The one I saw was labelled
PPPro. I didn't investigate the guarantee but I believe PPPro is
3yrs, isn't it?

Well, they were called "angle drills",

It says "palm drill" on the handle.

Either on the box or the orange and white B&Q poster next to it, it
was called an "angle drill".

The link to the photo was from the suppliers website rather than B&Q's
own.

At 4 inches it would fit between most joists

It was maybe 4-5 inches so anyone considering it would have to confirm
for themselves whether it would fit with a short auger/ forstner/
cut-down spade bit attached.

Mike
IMM

"mike" wrote in message
m...
"IMM" wrote...

Saw right angle mains drills (PPPro) for
£49 in B&Q yesterday.

No. GMC, with 2 yr guarantee.

Hi John,

Not sure what you're disagreeing with.

I looked your link at a GMC drill came up.

The one I saw was labelled
PPPro. I didn't investigate the
guarantee but I believe PPPro is
3yrs, isn't it?

yep.

Well, they were called "angle drills",

It says "palm drill" on the handle.

Either on the box or the orange and
white B&Q poster next to it, it
was called an "angle drill".

The link to the photo was from the suppliers
website rather than B&Q's own.

I realise that now.

At 4 inches it would fit between most joists

It was maybe 4-5 inches so anyone considering it would have to confirm
for themselves whether it would fit with a short auger/ forstner/
cut-down spade bit attached.

Mike

Lurch

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:45:35 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "IMM"
strung together this:

I looked your link at a GMC drill came up.

That's cleared that up then?

The link to the photo was from the suppliers
website rather than B&Q's own.

I realise that now.

Dizzy bitch.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
IMM

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:45:35 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "IMM"
strung together this:

I looked your link at a GMC drill came up.

That's cleared that up then?

The link to the photo was from the suppliers
website rather than B&Q's own.

I realise that now.

Dizzy bitch.

The trolls are back.

sunbeam

"IMM" wrote in message
The trolls are back.

You certainly are.
Kindly quit telling everyone to stop x-posting.
Especially when you keep doing it yourself.

PJ

Default Thanks to all for Where to get right angled chuck?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 0:59:30 +0100, Mike Barnard wrote
(in message ):

I'm in Worthing and a shop here has them, so they said a few days ago
anyway. (Looks for reciepts...)

Aha,

Sterling Power Tools and Fixings,
103 Newland Road, Worthing.

01903 211543

Thank you and to all the others that have replied

I will be in Worthing soon to pick up something else so I will phone this
shop and see what they have.

I'll also look at the other options that have been mentioned.

--
Patrick

Mike Barnard

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 1:15:31 +0100, PJ wrote:

Sterling Power Tools and Fixings,
103 Newland Road, Worthing.

01903 211543

Thank you and to all the others that have replied

I will be in Worthing soon to pick up something else so I will phone this
shop and see what they have.

I was in there yesterday and they don't currently have any in stock.
I'm putting some heating pipes in soon so I wanted one. Call them for
restocking times.