Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mark Watson

Default flueless gas fires - powaflue?

Hi

Faced with a bill of £1500 squids to open up a hearth and rebuild a
chimney stack, I'm wondering about a flueless gas fire.

Any comments on how good they are? We've got a rad in the front room,
so there would be some extra warmth in the room which should prevent
any condensation problems which I understand they may have.

And can anyone clarify what a powaflue is - I've seen an nice looking
model which says that whilst it doesn't need a chimney, it does have a
twin walled flue, so I'm wondering where the twin walled flue actually
goes!

Back to back gas fires Chris V UK diy 3 October 27th 04 09:14 AM
Inset Bar Fires - do they exist? PD UK diy 2 December 20th 03 11:11 PM
Clueless about Flueless Hammer Chewer UK diy 6 December 20th 03 12:47 PM
Re-Posted Clueless about Flueless Hammer Chewer UK diy 3 December 19th 03 08:24 PM