Mark Watson

Default flueless gas fires - powaflue?

Hi

Faced with a bill of £1500 squids to open up a hearth and rebuild a
chimney stack, I'm wondering about a flueless gas fire.

Any comments on how good they are? We've got a rad in the front room,
so there would be some extra warmth in the room which should prevent
any condensation problems which I understand they may have.

And can anyone clarify what a powaflue is - I've seen an nice looking
model which says that whilst it doesn't need a chimney, it does have a
twin walled flue, so I'm wondering where the twin walled flue actually
goes!