Hammer Chewer

Default Re-Posted Clueless about Flueless

I really would appreciate any advice pro's/cons
Sorry to post again

Hi Folks

I would like some advice on *Fluless gas fires.

Have read the brochure correctly that they can go almost anywhere that
you want to put them in the brochure it shows one in front of a glass
door (B&Q "The Fire place" page 32 Lascar Flueless stove).

The flueless gas fire would be ideal for me as there is no chimney
just a flat wall and I wouldn't want to have a chimney built specially
for a normal gas fire.

I have only the one outside wall and suppose I could have a balanced
flue but that would mean that the *nice little youngsters in this area
would enjoy stuffing the flue with garbage as they have done with our
cooker hood outlet.

So is there anything that I should know without me getting a survey
(£40) done by B&Q but the £40 would be returnable if we got the fire
from them.

To be truthful I don't want someone coming along who could be one of
the cowboy outfits in the area,who as I have been told are next to
useless.

The position I would want it is only about 2 feet from the main gas
supply to the property.

Tia

Peace xxx

Ammer Chewer
R P McMurphey

stuffing the flue with 'garbage'

??

are you american or just a wanna be?

steve

Hammer Chewer

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:46:38 -0000, "R P McMurphey"
wrote:

Redleaderone to Redleadertwo

stuffing the flue with 'garbage'

Yes straight from the wastebins in this area

??

??

are you american or just a wanna be?

Neither m8 just after a bit of advice not a lot to ask is it ?

steve

What's with the american bit ?

Peace xxx

Ammer Chewer
Soup

Hammer Chewer wrote:
snip
What's with the american bit ?

Maybe he's referring to you calling rubbish garbage.

As to flueless fires the combustion products have to go somewhere so if you
do fit one expect lots of CO2 and H2O in the room the CO2 will diminish as
oxygen (or rather ambient air) is allowed to swirl around the fire (via
ventilation/draughts)but the H2O will form as condensate on EVERYTHING in
the room so would strongly suggest you don't use one in a room were you
value fixtures and fittings

--
Yours S.
addy not usable (not that you would try it)