John

Default Suggestions......please

On Saturday I bought a new ceiling light fitting - it has 5 x 40watt G9
(Halopin) Bulbs in slender cylindrical glass shades. The frosted shades are
moulded (cast) onto a threaded metal ring.

Since Saturday it has spent most of its time dimmed to 25%.

Today I found that 3 of the shades have significant cracks in them.

We spent ages choosing the fitting and we like it.

Do you think I may have a bad batch and should accept a replacements with a
contingency of spares - or return it to the shop for my money back and start
searching over again?

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Mary Fisher

"John" wrote in message
On Saturday I bought a new ceiling light fitting - it has 5 x 40watt G9
(Halopin) Bulbs in slender cylindrical glass shades. The frosted shades
are moulded (cast) onto a threaded metal ring.

Since Saturday it has spent most of its time dimmed to 25%.

Today I found that 3 of the shades have significant cracks in them.

We spent ages choosing the fitting and we like it.

Do you think I may have a bad batch and should accept a replacements with
a contingency of spares - or return it to the shop for my money back and
start searching over again?

I'd try a replacement and if the faults appeared again ask for a refund.

Mary

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Andy Pandy

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:07:37 GMT, "John" wrote:

On Saturday I bought a new ceiling light fitting - it has 5 x 40watt G9
(Halopin) Bulbs in slender cylindrical glass shades. The frosted shades are
moulded (cast) onto a threaded metal ring.

Since Saturday it has spent most of its time dimmed to 25%.

Today I found that 3 of the shades have significant cracks in them.

I assume that that the crack were not there when you put it up!

We spent ages choosing the fitting and we like it.

Personaly i would take it back to get a replacement if i liked it so
much.

Do you think I may have a bad batch and should accept a replacements with a
contingency of spares - or return it to the shop for my money back and start
searching over again?

Get a replacement and tell the manager that if the same problem occurs
you must have a refund in full.

Good luck mate

Andy

Set Square

John wrote:

On Saturday I bought a new ceiling light fitting - it has 5 x 40watt
G9 (Halopin) Bulbs in slender cylindrical glass shades. The frosted
shades are moulded (cast) onto a threaded metal ring.

Since Saturday it has spent most of its time dimmed to 25%.

Today I found that 3 of the shades have significant cracks in them.

We spent ages choosing the fitting and we like it.

Do you think I may have a bad batch and should accept a replacements
with a contingency of spares - or return it to the shop for my money
back and start searching over again?

Did the bulbs come with it - or did you buy them separately?

If the latter, I presume that they don't exceed the max permitted wattage
for the shades?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

John

"Set Square" wrote in message
John wrote:

On Saturday I bought a new ceiling light fitting - it has 5 x 40watt
G9 (Halopin) Bulbs in slender cylindrical glass shades. The frosted
shades are moulded (cast) onto a threaded metal ring.

Since Saturday it has spent most of its time dimmed to 25%.

Today I found that 3 of the shades have significant cracks in them.

We spent ages choosing the fitting and we like it.

Do you think I may have a bad batch and should accept a replacements
with a contingency of spares - or return it to the shop for my money
back and start searching over again?

Did the bulbs come with it - or did you buy them separately?

If the latter, I presume that they don't exceed the max permitted wattage
for the shades?
--
Cheers,
Set Square
______

Yes - the bulbs were in the box - and the box states 40watts.

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.