Suzie-Q

Default Suggestions for Vertical Blinds

I know this isn't the best place to talk about redecorating, but
I can't find any active newsgroups for the subject. I'm hoping
someone will have some suggestions for me.

I am painting my kitchen/dining room/living room. (They are all
one big L-shaped room.) There's a sliding glass door in the dining
room that is covered by cheap, off-white, vertical blinds. There's
no reason to replace the blinds (although I'm keeping that idea in
reserve), but I would like to spruce them up a bit.

I'm pretty certain that I'm going to put a wooden cornice (?) over
the top of the blinds, to hide the the hardware. I'm also thinking about
painting the individual blinds, but I'm concerned about the paint
cracking off. The blinds are a flexible vinyl. I've thought about
this new spray paint that is supposed to bond to plastic to prevent
chipping, but the color selection is very limited.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance,

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
gini52

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
[...]

==
Two thoughts--I used the Fusion spray paint on an outdoor side table and the
spray is so fine
that it takes a *lot* to cover anything and the overspray is enormous. I
used 3 cans and still didn't cover the
table. I gave up and determined the paint is worthless.
The individual panels in your verticals can be covered with strips of
fabric. Simply cut it and glue it on.
You will want a decorator weight fabric that doesn't fray easily. You can
cover the edges with cording or leave as is.
==

Thanks in advance,

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

gini52

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
[...]

Oops, I forgot. You can also cover the veins with prepasted wallpaper.
==

Thanks in advance,

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

HA HA Budys Here

Change the blinds. Verticals went out in the 90's along with disco.