Francis

Default CH. Thanks AND request for some suggestions to go sealed.

Hello,

Last year I upgraded our CH with lots of good advice from the group.

After our service we were told that the boiler was on its way out.

So now we are looking at new boilers.

I've Googled the group and got some ideas.

I'm looking for suggestions on the way to go.

Present system:

Baxi BBU and enclosed fire front.

Fully pumped, open vented.

Most of my improvements are in a cupboard adjacent to the chimney brest in
dining room were the boiler is located. Pump, diverted valves, programmer
etc

Gas line runs to boiler in dining room (back of house).

One inch (yes, inch not 28 mm) flow and return from boiler runs to HWC in
landing, part of original system.

I have read Ed's sealed system faq. There is no high heat thermostat on BBU
so I didn't have of option of going sealed.

Way to go?

Looking at condensing boilers. However where we would site it is probably on
the opposite wall to chimney breast (about 6 metres from my cupboard) so I
would have to run gas and flow and return to here.

What about the fire place? Coal effect fire?

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Francis