Jonathan Elliott

Default Indesit washing machine - a common problem?

Hi, don't know if anyone can help here,

I've got an Indesit W113 washing machine, its been fine - up til now.
When I used to switch it on, the power light would flicker briefly
before the programme started. Now it just stays on and there's no
action whatever - silence and the machine is inert, except the dial
rotated a bit once, but there was no pump or water or anything like
that. I've been told by a few repair people that it could well be the
power board, or the main circuit which costs £90, and that it's not
worth repairing as the Indesit W113 is a "bad machine" and has a host
of other flaws. Has anyone else had any grief from this make? I'd like
to have a crack at fitting a new circuit board/power board myself, any
ideas where I can get one? Is this throwing good money after bad? All
thoughts gratefully received!

Thanks in anticipation,

Best wishes,

Jonathan Elliott