Chris Allmark

Default Indesit washing machine fault

I have an Indesit W101 washer that has developed a strange fault: when
starting a wash cyle the machine starts to fill with water normally,
then after about 30 seconds the pump runs continuously and the
programmer clicks round and won't stop, even when it gets to one of
the red dots where a cycle normally ends. The fault is intermittent,
it started off happening once in about ten washes, but now I would say
it is more like one in every two. If I switch the washer off on the
power button, the fault resumes when I turn it back on. If I pull the
plug out and leave it for about 10 seconds I can sometimes make it
work ok if I try again, other times I have to repeat the process two
or three times before it will accept the programme and work normally.
I can tell if it won't work because the problem always starts after
about 30 seconds, if it works for longer than that then it will be OK
and do it's cycle normally. Has anybody seen this fault before & got
any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Chris.
Chris Allmark

I would prefer to repair the machine I've got if possible, that's why
I asked the question on uk.d-i-y !!!
Harry Bloomfield

On 16/02/2004 Chris Allmark opined:-
I would prefer to repair the machine I've got if possible, that's why
I asked the question on uk.d-i-y !!!

It does sound rather like the programmer unit which has probably
failed. The problem being that replacement programmers are so
expensive, it might not be a worth while repair and there is no
certainty that a replacement would in fact fix it.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

The Right Rev. Peter Parsnip

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Harry
Bloomfield, and I thusly replied:

It does sound rather like the programmer unit which has probably
failed.

I hate it when that happens.

--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874

"A ******* shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his
tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:2
The Left Rev. P. Parsnipe

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Pirx Teh
Caravan Pilot, and I thusly replied:

In article m,
The Right Rev. Peter Parsnip
wrote:
The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Harry
Bloomfield, and I thusly replied:

It does sound rather like the programmer unit which has probably
failed.

I hate it when that happens.

It's usually the capacitors. They tend to have a limited lifespan.

Do they pop?