DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Indesit washing machine fault (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/6141-indesit-washing-machine-fault.html)

Chris Allmark February 15th 04 07:17 PM

Indesit washing machine fault

I have an Indesit W101 washer that has developed a strange fault: when
starting a wash cyle the machine starts to fill with water normally,
then after about 30 seconds the pump runs continuously and the
programmer clicks round and won't stop, even when it gets to one of
the red dots where a cycle normally ends. The fault is intermittent,
it started off happening once in about ten washes, but now I would say
it is more like one in every two. If I switch the washer off on the
power button, the fault resumes when I turn it back on. If I pull the
plug out and leave it for about 10 seconds I can sometimes make it
work ok if I try again, other times I have to repeat the process two
or three times before it will accept the programme and work normally.
I can tell if it won't work because the problem always starts after
about 30 seconds, if it works for longer than that then it will be OK
and do it's cycle normally. Has anybody seen this fault before & got
any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

Lurch February 15th 04 09:42 PM

Indesit washing machine fault

On 15 Feb 2004 11:17:49 -0800, (Chris
Allmark) wrote:

[...]

Time for a new washing machine. Try a Bosch.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

Chris Allmark February 16th 04 10:59 AM

Indesit washing machine fault

I would prefer to repair the machine I've got if possible, that's why
I asked the question on uk.d-i-y !!!

N. Thornton February 16th 04 12:04 PM

(Chris Allmark) wrote in message . com...
[...]

programmer fault. If youve got access to dead one of the same model youre in luck.

Regards, NT

Harry Bloomfield February 16th 04 12:52 PM

Indesit washing machine fault

On 16/02/2004 Chris Allmark opined:-
I would prefer to repair the machine I've got if possible, that's why
I asked the question on uk.d-i-y !!!

It does sound rather like the programmer unit which has probably
failed. The problem being that replacement programmers are so
expensive, it might not be a worth while repair and there is no
certainty that a replacement would in fact fix it.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Lurch February 16th 04 02:25 PM

Indesit washing machine fault

On 16 Feb 2004 02:59:49 -0800, (Chris
Allmark) wrote:

I would prefer to repair the machine I've got if possible, that's why
I asked the question on uk.d-i-y !!!

To be honest, they're not worth repairing. Indesit are useless
machines. If you manage to fix the fault now, which sounds like the
programmer, it'll need something else doing soon. You may as well go
fore a quality appliance that'll last a lot longer and in the long run
will be cheaper than continually repairing your knackered Indesit.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

The Right Rev. Peter Parsnip February 16th 04 04:11 PM

Indesit washing machine fault

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Harry
Bloomfield, and I thusly replied:

It does sound rather like the programmer unit which has probably
failed.

I hate it when that happens.

--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874

"A ******* shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his
tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:2

The Left Rev. P. Parsnipe February 17th 04 09:13 AM

Indesit washing machine fault

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Pirx Teh
Caravan Pilot, and I thusly replied:

In article m,
The Right Rev. Peter Parsnip
wrote:
The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Harry
Bloomfield, and I thusly replied:

It does sound rather like the programmer unit which has probably
failed.

I hate it when that happens.

It's usually the capacitors. They tend to have a limited lifespan.

Do they pop?