Grinch

Default Indesit Washing Machine Probs W1435

Can anybody help?
Model W1435
The machine is 18 months old & has very light use.
The problem is that it stops part way through the program and the dial just
continues to go round.
The repair man after talking to Indesit has replace a circuit board - no
cure. On his second visit he replaced a chip but said that he did not think
that it would cure the problem.
He has also given back the original cheque paid for me to hold ad the repair
is incomplete. I fear that he does not really know what to do now!!

Does anybody know anything about these machines.

Glen

Lurch

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 19:56:00 -0000, "Grinch"
wrote:

Can anybody help?
Model W1435
The machine is 18 months old & has very light use.
The problem is that it stops part way through the program and the dial just
continues to go round.
The repair man after talking to Indesit has replace a circuit board - no
cure. On his second visit he replaced a chip but said that he did not think
that it would cure the problem.
He has also given back the original cheque paid for me to hold ad the repair
is incomplete. I fear that he does not really know what to do now!!

Does anybody know anything about these machines.

My usual advice to anyone with an Inde**** machine is sling it. I have
delivered numerous machines that don't even work 'out of the box',
your 18 months is quite an achievement.
I don't know anyone else in the appliance trade that rates Inde**** at
all.
Sorry, but thats the way it is.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Christian McArdle

I don't know anyone else in the appliance trade that rates Inde****
at all.

I've had 3 Merloni dishwashers and I love 'em. Before you ask, only the one
had any problems: a broken door lock. I prised it open with a crowbar, which
made it work again, but I decided it was far too old and scratched, so
parted with it, ensuring I bought the closest model I could find, as it had
excellent cleaning and drying performance, much better than any previous
dishwasher I'd owned or used. This second one sold with my last house. My
new house now has the fully integrated version.

The first and third ones were Ariston, the second Indesit. The makes are
indistinguishable from each other, except the branding. The Indesit
instructions were actually Ariston, with the brand name blatantly tipexed
out and photocopied, except that they missed a logo on one of the diagrams!

My mum's had an Indesit washing machine for over ten years. Still going
strong. She wants to replace with a Miele, but is waiting for something to
go wrong with the old one first.

Christian.

Lurch

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:21:15 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

[...]

Heard the phrase 'they don't make 'em like they used to'!

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.