Tim Nicholson

Default Experience of heatprofile radiant heating systems?

Hi

Anyone out there had experience of HeatProfile's radiant heating
systems as per http://www.heatprofile.co.uk/NewFiles/home.html

I'm considering using such a system on three holiday flats we're
building and would just like some comfort factor recommendations
before going ahead. Alternatively, of course, there may be some
equally persuasive horror stories out there!

Cheers

Tim

IMM

"Tim Nicholson" wrote in message
Hi

Anyone out there had experience of HeatProfile's radiant heating
systems as per http://www.heatprofile.co.uk/NewFiles/home.html

I'm considering using such a system on three holiday flats we're
building and would just like some comfort factor recommendations
before going ahead. Alternatively, of course, there may be some
equally persuasive horror stories out there!

Sounds like another UFH company. Avoid the electric. Go for the water
based one. You can always heat it via thermals store using electricity, gas,
LPG, oil, solar etc, or all of them. Gives you so many options for now and
the furuyre. With electric resistance wires yo are stuck.

IMM

"IMM" wrote in message

"Tim Nicholson" wrote in message
Hi

Anyone out there had experience of HeatProfile's radiant heating
systems as per http://www.heatprofile.co.uk/NewFiles/home.html

I'm considering using such a system on three holiday flats we're
building and would just like some comfort factor recommendations
before going ahead. Alternatively, of course, there may be some
equally persuasive horror stories out there!

Sounds like another UFH company. Avoid the electric. Go for the water
based one. You can always heat it via a thermals store using electricity,

gas,
LPG, oil, solar etc, or all of them. Gives you so many options for now

and
the furuyre. With electric resistance wires yo are stuck.

Sorry, did not mean UHF but skirting.

G&M

"Tim Nicholson" wrote in message
Hi

Anyone out there had experience of HeatProfile's radiant heating
systems as per http://www.heatprofile.co.uk/NewFiles/home.html

I'm considering using such a system on three holiday flats we're
building and would just like some comfort factor recommendations
before going ahead. Alternatively, of course, there may be some
equally persuasive horror stories out there!

Looked at it for kitchen, dining room and conservatory but the heat output
wasn't high enough for winter use. For holiday flats not used then they are
an elegant solution.

Tim Nicholson

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:57:04 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Tim Nicholson" wrote in message
.. .
Hi

Anyone out there had experience of HeatProfile's radiant heating
systems as per http://www.heatprofile.co.uk/NewFiles/home.html

I'm considering using such a system on three holiday flats we're
building and would just like some comfort factor recommendations
before going ahead. Alternatively, of course, there may be some
equally persuasive horror stories out there!

Sounds like another UFH company. Avoid the electric. Go for the water
based one. You can always heat it via thermals store using electricity, gas,
LPG, oil, solar etc, or all of them. Gives you so many options for now and
the furuyre. With electric resistance wires yo are stuck.

Thanks for your post - but I'm looking for comments from someone with
experience of installing/using the product. Please read the question
fully before answering.

Tim

Tim Nicholson

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:07:08 +0100, "G&M"
wrote:

"Tim Nicholson" wrote in message
.. .
Hi

Anyone out there had experience of HeatProfile's radiant heating
systems as per http://www.heatprofile.co.uk/NewFiles/home.html

I'm considering using such a system on three holiday flats we're
building and would just like some comfort factor recommendations
before going ahead. Alternatively, of course, there may be some
equally persuasive horror stories out there!

Looked at it for kitchen, dining room and conservatory but the heat output
wasn't high enough for winter use. For holiday flats not used then they are
an elegant solution.

Many thanks. These units *may* be used during the winter, and the
lounge/diners will be pretty large, so maybe I'll need to rethink.
Each of the largest rooms will also have modern 'coal effect' gas
fires though, so that in addition might be enough?

Time to get the calculator out I think!

Tim

IMM

wrote:

[...]

The heat calcs have to be done properly. If you can get skirting heaters in
90% plus of the room and you have addition heat from a large fire when
necessary, and you have the boiler running at 80C then you may find they
work wonderfully. It is best to use an optimising clock/programmer like
the Honeywell CM67, or equiv. This figures out when to bring on the heating
(max 3 hours), then less chance of being cold when you get up.

You will probably find that in 90-95% of instances the heating system will
fully cope. Most of the time heating systems are on part load.

G&M

wrote:

[...]

True - but I've been in holiday flats where the heating couldn't even manage
on a spring morning so I'd hate to have been there in winter.

IMM

wrote:

[...]

Were all the skirtings heaters? Was it on 82C flow temp? Was an optimiser
programmer used to ensure setpoint temp at the desired time? Probably
not. Probably a cheap an nasty setup in a thin walled, little to no
insulation chalet.