John

Default B & Q Head Honcho

Anybody know who he/she is and how to contact them, eithr by post or e mail?
My Father In Law has a MAJOR problem with theiir service and each time he
rings the 08701.... number he gets fobbed off, so he would like to send a
letter of complaint to 'the main man'.

Cheers

John

Dave Jones

"John" wrote in message
Anybody know who he/she is and how to contact them, eithr by post or e
mail? My Father In Law has a MAJOR problem with theiir service and each
time he rings the 08701.... number he gets fobbed off, so he would like to
send a letter of complaint to 'the main man'.

Cheers

John

Try this.

http://www.kingfisher.com/index.cfm?... ustomer_care

Andy Hall

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:06:19 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

Anybody know who he/she is and how to contact them, eithr by post or e mail?
My Father In Law has a MAJOR problem with theiir service and each time he
rings the 08701.... number he gets fobbed off, so he would like to send a
letter of complaint to 'the main man'.

Cheers

John

It's pretty unusual that they give bad service, IME, but here's a
couple of ideas.

You could escalate out of the immediate store level by asking for the
name of the area manager. Either call the call centre number for the
store, or their head officein Chandler's Ford for that.

If you want to escalate it to Kingfisher, you can identify their board
members from their annual report

http://tinyurl.com/54u9s

However, I don't think that this is going to be that fruitful because
as a maximum they would pass it down the line.

To identify the directors at B&Q, the easiest way is to use the
Companies House web site. You can get their last annual return for a
cost of £4.

www.companieshouse.gov.uk

B&Qs registration number is 00973387

Obviously don't forget that you have a lot of coverage in statutory
consumer legislation that may well over-ride what the store thinks it
wants to do. This has increased quite a bit over the last couple of
years. For example, the onus is now on the supplier to prove that
something works, not the other way round.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Grunff

Andy Hall wrote:

For example, the onus is now on the supplier to prove that
something works, not the other way round.

Which is excatly what I'll be requiring Homebase staff to do with the
canyfloss machine I'll be returning this weekend (please don't ask why
we bought it - wasn't my idea).

--
Grunff
Tony Bryer

In article , Grunff wrote:
Which is excatly what I'll be requiring Homebase staff to do
with the canyfloss machine I'll be returning this weekend
(please don't ask why we bought it - wasn't my idea).

If you'd only asked we would have told you that it couldn't be used
for loft insulation g

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm

Andy Hall

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:00:47 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

For example, the onus is now on the supplier to prove that
something works, not the other way round.

Which is excatly what I'll be requiring Homebase staff to do with the
canyfloss machine I'll be returning this weekend (please don't ask why
we bought it - wasn't my idea).

That could be entertaining.

I know - it was an impulse buy.

If so... then what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, as
it were.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:07:35 +0100, Tony Bryer
wrote:

In article , Grunff wrote:
Which is excatly what I'll be requiring Homebase staff to do
with the canyfloss machine I'll be returning this weekend
(please don't ask why we bought it - wasn't my idea).

If you'd only asked we would have told you that it couldn't be used
for loft insulation g

Visions of IMM in loft space with candyfloss machine and a big bag of
Tate & Lyle.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Brian G

"Dave Jones" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Anybody know who he/she is and how to contact them, eithr by post or e
mail? My Father In Law has a MAJOR problem with theiir service and each
time he rings the 08701.... number he gets fobbed off, so he would like

send a letter of complaint to 'the main man'.

Cheers

John

Try this.

http://www.kingfisher.com/index.cfm?... ustomer_care

Head Honcho of the Kingfisher Group (to which B&Q belongs) is:

Sir Francis Mackay

And he can be reached at the following address. Mark your envelope Personal
in bold, capital letters and he may just get to read it.

Kingfisher plc

3 Sheldon Square
Paddington
London
W2 6PX

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7372 8008
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7644 1001

Email:

B&Q

Head of Customer Services

1 Hampshire Corporate Park
Chandlers Ford
Eastleigh
Hants
SO53 3YX

Tel: 0845 609 6688
(8:30am-8pm Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Sat, 10am-4pm Sun)
Fax: 01489 864 092

Website:
www.diy.com

Email:

Grunff

Andy Hall wrote:

I know - it was an impulse buy.

SWMBO has a sweet tooth, and has always wanted one (apparently!).

--
Grunff
Andy Hall

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:30:07 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

I know - it was an impulse buy.

SWMBO has a sweet tooth, and has always wanted one (apparently!).

Kind of like the way that you've (apparently) always wanted that
cordless {fill-in-the-blank}

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Grunff

Andy Hall wrote:

Kind of like the way that you've (apparently) always wanted that
cordless {fill-in-the-blank}

Sadly all available funds are currently being spent on furnishing that
lovely downstairs area we've just finished. We've found a great oak
dining set (1 table + 6 chairs), very nicely made, just what we want.
All I have to do is find £1100!

--
Grunff
Owain

"Grunff" wrote
| Sadly all available funds are currently being spent on furnishing
| that lovely downstairs area we've just finished. We've found a
| great oak dining set (1 table + 6 chairs), very nicely made,
| just what we want.
| All I have to do is find £1100!

Day trip to France, people in Grand Designs (see thread above) got a dining
set for EUR 50 (8 quid a chair)

Owain

Cleaning VCR - need help and a diagram Mike Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 04 03:54 PM
New shower head for my Gainsborough Energy 2000x destroyed my unit :-( Siatro UK diy 2 August 18th 04 10:59 AM
Adjusting audio head on Pana NV-9100 U-Matic Wild Bill Electronics Repair 0 June 12th 04 01:41 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM