Andy Hall

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:06:19 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

Anybody know who he/she is and how to contact them, eithr by post or e mail?
My Father In Law has a MAJOR problem with theiir service and each time he
rings the 08701.... number he gets fobbed off, so he would like to send a
letter of complaint to 'the main man'.

Cheers

John

It's pretty unusual that they give bad service, IME, but here's a
couple of ideas.

You could escalate out of the immediate store level by asking for the
name of the area manager. Either call the call centre number for the
store, or their head officein Chandler's Ford for that.

If you want to escalate it to Kingfisher, you can identify their board
members from their annual report

http://tinyurl.com/54u9s

However, I don't think that this is going to be that fruitful because
as a maximum they would pass it down the line.

To identify the directors at B&Q, the easiest way is to use the
Companies House web site. You can get their last annual return for a
cost of £4.

www.companieshouse.gov.uk

B&Qs registration number is 00973387

Obviously don't forget that you have a lot of coverage in statutory
consumer legislation that may well over-ride what the store thinks it
wants to do. This has increased quite a bit over the last couple of
years. For example, the onus is now on the supplier to prove that
something works, not the other way round.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl