Peter Crosland

Default CCTV suppliers?

A while back someone kindly listed some CCTV suppliers. I have mislaid my
note of the URL. Googling has not found the one I want so can any make any
recommendation please?

Lurch

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:14:25 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "Peter Crosland"
strung together this:

A while back someone kindly listed some CCTV suppliers. I have mislaid my
note of the URL. Googling has not found the one I want so can any make any
recommendation please?

I use www.y3kcctv.co.uk from time to time. Their prices seem pretty
reasonable and the kit on offer is pretty good. (Or at least what I've
had so far has been).
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Ian Stirling

Peter Crosland wrote:
A while back someone kindly listed some CCTV suppliers. I have mislaid my
note of the URL. Googling has not found the one I want so can any make any
recommendation please?

One I've bought a camera from http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/
Peter Crosland

Thank you both. Just what I wanted!

Nic o'demus

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
A while back someone kindly listed some CCTV suppliers. I have mislaid my
note of the URL. Googling has not found the one I want so can any make any
recommendation please?

You could also try Henry's

http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv.htm

I've found them to be pretty good.

Nic.

John Rouse

In article , Peter Crosland
writes
A while back someone kindly listed some CCTV suppliers. I have mislaid my
note of the URL. Googling has not found the one I want so can any make any
recommendation please?

A lot depends on what you want CCTV for. I bought a couple of cheap
"outdoor" cameras for under £100 and they both suffered from the plastic
lens going cloudy. It looked like traffic film, but none of the normal
cleaners removed it - the plastic was almost pitted.

The next stage up is some sort of enclosure, and the day/night cameras
look quite good, there's one from a firm I think is called Birch (I
can't get to my bookmarks at the moment or I would tell you).

MASSCCTV seem to have a good range, they even do a bulletproof camera.

I sort of assumed you wanted CCTV for outdoor surveillance - I ended up
putting a good quality camera with a removable lens in a window with a
small fan to stop condensation on the window. A heck of a lot cheaper
than an outdoor camera, and a lot easier to change the lenses!

J.
--
John Rouse
Peter Crosland

I sort of assumed you wanted CCTV for outdoor surveillance - I ended up
putting a good quality camera with a removable lens in a window with a
small fan to stop condensation on the window. A heck of a lot cheaper
than an outdoor camera, and a lot easier to change the lenses!

Thanks for that John. I shall have a rethink!

PJO

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
I sort of assumed you wanted CCTV for outdoor surveillance - I ended up
putting a good quality camera with a removable lens in a window with a
small fan to stop condensation on the window. A heck of a lot cheaper
than an outdoor camera, and a lot easier to change the lenses!

Thanks for that John. I shall have a rethink!

I disagree. Good external "bullet" camera's are less than £60 these days.
Also, if you put a camera looking through a winds there's a good chance of
sun reflection causing problems.

So, if it's an external camera that's needed then use an external camera.
Cheating don't always work.

In article , Peter Crosland
writes
A while back someone kindly listed some CCTV suppliers. I have mislaid my
note of the URL. Googling has not found the one I want so can any make any
recommendation please?

--

I use Dedicated Micros kit. No tapes to change.
Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.
John Rouse

In article , Peter Crosland
writes
I sort of assumed you wanted CCTV for outdoor surveillance - I ended up
putting a good quality camera with a removable lens in a window with a
small fan to stop condensation on the window. A heck of a lot cheaper
than an outdoor camera, and a lot easier to change the lenses!

Thanks for that John. I shall have a rethink!

I found my bookmarks at last, in no particular order:

Birch electronic security. cctv camera distributors - suppliers
http://www.cctvoutlet.co.uk/index1.htm

C C T V
http://www.lighting-direct.co.uk/c_c_t_v.htm

Cameras from FirstSight Vision for Machine Vision applications
http://www.pinnaclevision.co.uk/camera.htm

Cameras
http://www.ezcctv.com/Products/Cameras.htm

cctv cameras
http://www.cc-tv.club24.co.uk/cameras.htm

CCTV FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
http://www.cc-tv.club24.co.uk/cameras.htm

CCTV Information
http://www.cctv-information.co.uk/

CCTV Security Systems, Cameras, Time Lapse Video & DVR Digital Video
http://www.cctv-uk.com/

Henrys cctv centre for all types of cctv equipment
http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv.htm

http://www.dennard-cctv.com/frames.htm

Mas main Index
http://www.mas-uk.co.uk/

MASS are distributors of cctv cameras, cctv lenses, covert cameras,
http://www.masscctv.co.uk/index.html

RF concepts Price List
http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/price_list.htm

SONY AVC667 DETAILS
http://www.cctv-uk.com/avc667_day_ni...ra_details.htm

Tel-C CCTV Cameras and CCTV Accessories
http://www.tel-c.co.uk/

The Walters Group
http://www.thewaltersgroup.co.uk/aca...ue_Cameras_301.
html

J.
--
John Rouse

John Rouse

In article , PJO Peter.jbb.?@hotiemai
ll.nospam.please.com writes
I disagree. Good external "bullet" camera's are less than £60 these days.
Also, if you put a camera looking through a winds there's a good chance of
sun reflection causing problems.

Depends on which side of the house it is, what background you have
behind your camera, how close it is to the glass, how clean your windows
are, how wiggly the glass is, and whether you want to spend half your
life up a ladder fixing it back after the gales, neighbours kids with an
airgun, window cleaner, or mischevious oik with a long pole have moved
it out of postion.

So, if it's an external camera that's needed then use an external camera.

Read the previous post, it was only a suggestion!

Cheating don't always work.

Nowt cheating about it, needs must and all that,

J.
--
John Rouse

PJO

"Z" wrote in message
In article , Peter Crosland
writes
A while back someone kindly listed some CCTV suppliers. I have mislaid my
note of the URL. Googling has not found the one I want so can any make

any
recommendation please?

--

I use Dedicated Micros kit. No tapes to change.

Problems with DM stuff is that it tends to be expensive. it is also only
available through proper trade suppliers such as norbain. It's not quite
what the average DIYer would use.

Personally I don't rate DM, and that's after spending 20 years in CCTV
business. It's expensive for what it is. There are many better priced and
equally as good alternatives these days.

John Rouse

In article , Z
writes

I use Dedicated Micros kit. No tapes to change.

I just have a 4 port capture card in a PC and save the images to a web
server,

J.
--
John Rouse
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rouse
In article , Peter Crosland
writes
[...]

http://www.flyonthewall.uk.com also do a good range of tiny wireless CCTV cameras.

Fused Spur with Timer & Thermostat, electrical suppliers? Aenuff UK diy 8 February 18th 04 03:49 PM
Network, Mains, Alarm and CCTV from the house to the garage Sparks UK diy 10 November 26th 03 02:24 PM
Electricity Suppliers Martin UK diy 5 September 4th 03 09:03 PM
CCTV tony sayer UK diy 1 July 3rd 03 12:25 PM