John Rouse

Default CCTV suppliers?

In article , Peter Crosland
writes
A while back someone kindly listed some CCTV suppliers. I have mislaid my
note of the URL. Googling has not found the one I want so can any make any
recommendation please?

A lot depends on what you want CCTV for. I bought a couple of cheap
"outdoor" cameras for under £100 and they both suffered from the plastic
lens going cloudy. It looked like traffic film, but none of the normal
cleaners removed it - the plastic was almost pitted.

The next stage up is some sort of enclosure, and the day/night cameras
look quite good, there's one from a firm I think is called Birch (I
can't get to my bookmarks at the moment or I would tell you).

MASSCCTV seem to have a good range, they even do a bulletproof camera.

I sort of assumed you wanted CCTV for outdoor surveillance - I ended up
putting a good quality camera with a removable lens in a window with a
small fan to stop condensation on the window. A heck of a lot cheaper
than an outdoor camera, and a lot easier to change the lenses!

J.
--
John Rouse