Mike Tomlinson

Default Cataclean

In article , News
writes

Do you know my neighbour?

No, but I know who you are. You're the trolling ****wit who posts as
"IMM" in uk.d-i-y. Apart from having an identical posting style,
displaying a complete lack of clue, showing a breathtaking level of
arrogance, etc., you're both posting from the same computer:

"News" posting in uk.r.c.m:

"IMM" posting in uk.d-i-y:

A. Top posters.

dave @ stejonda

In message , Pete Smith
writes
In article ,
says...
In article , News
writes

Do you know my neighbour?

No, but I know who you are. You're the trolling ****wit who posts as
"IMM" in uk.d-i-y. Apart from having an identical posting style,
displaying a complete lack of clue, showing a breathtaking level of
arrogance, etc., you're both posting from the same computer:

How did you manage to track this down?

I didn't think google was too hot on searching headers of news postings.

Mike is using the Very Excellent (TM) Turnpike news-reader (though
inexplicably an old version)

--
dave @ stejonda
Mike Tomlinson

In article , dave @ stejonda
writes

Mike is using the Very Excellent (TM) Turnpike news-reader (though
inexplicably an old version)

I hated v6 on sight, I'm afraid, so stuck with v5.01.

--
A. Top posters.

Christian McArdle

I didn't think google was too hot on searching headers of news postings.

It is just oddly named. When viewing a single message, there is an option
"Original Format" which basically means "Show Headers". I don't know if you
can search on their contents, but it is easy enough to follow up a hunch.

Christian.

Pete Smith

In article , cmcardle75
@nospam.yahooxxxx.co.uk says...
I didn't think google was too hot on searching headers of news postings.

It is just oddly named. When viewing a single message, there is an option
"Original Format" which basically means "Show Headers". I don't know if you
can search on their contents, but it is easy enough to follow up a hunch.

Ah, so this was a hunch based one.

I know you can view the headers, but it would be nice to be able to search
for something like an NNTP posting IP address.

It looks like (in retrospect) that the similarities in posting style were
actually recognised by a human rather than a machine.

Pete.

--
NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you
Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail
John Laird

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:58:02 -0000, Pete Smith
wrote:

In article , cmcardle75
says...
I didn't think google was too hot on searching headers of news postings.

It is just oddly named. When viewing a single message, there is an option
"Original Format" which basically means "Show Headers". I don't know if you
can search on their contents, but it is easy enough to follow up a hunch.

Ah, so this was a hunch based one.

I know you can view the headers, but it would be nice to be able to search
for something like an NNTP posting IP address.

It looks like (in retrospect) that the similarities in posting style were
actually recognised by a human rather than a machine.

I expect so - Mike has appeared in all these groups.

Google header searches are limited to certain fields - author, subject,
message-id.

--
Tomorrow has been cancelled until further notice.

Mail john rather than nospam...
IMM

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , News
writes

Do you know my neighbour?

No, but I know who you are. You're the trolling ****wit who posts as
"IMM" in uk.d-i-y.
you're both posting from the same computer:

Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic and that of the
local ISP, not individual machines. So many people could have the same IP
address at many times. Duh!

Now there's a nice boy, now f**k off back to the car and Yorkshire news
groups, and stop bothering us.

Bob Eager

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:53:00 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic

Yours may be. Not all IP addresses are dynamic, and to imply that it is
so shows your ignorance.

local ISP, not individual machines.

Every individual machine in this house has its own static IP address.

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...

IMM

Default IP adresses

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:53:00 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic

Yours may be. Not all IP addresses are dynamic, and to imply that it is
so shows your ignorance.

In the vast majority of the Internet, dynamic IPs are used, as there is
simply not enough IP adresses to around. Nothing like a smart arse is thee.

local ISP, not individual machines.

Every individual machine in this house has its own static IP address.

You won't find that via Goggle if you go via an ISP. You are Probably using
a router for all your machines. One side of the router the internet doesn't
want to know.

Go to the 3-Com web site. They have tutorials on IP addresses.

mouse

"IMM" wrote in message
"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:53:00 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

Nothing like a smart arse is thee.

No, and you appear to be a first class one

Mouse

IMM

"mouse" mouse @nospam .net wrote in message

Nothing like a smart arse is thee.

No, and you appear to be a first class one

Smart, yes. Arse, no. What mouse hole have you crawled out of?

Christian McArdle

It looks like (in retrospect) that the similarities in posting style were
actually recognised by a human rather than a machine.

Reading the thread, the posting styles are, indeed, exceptionally similar.
The belief in some sort of magic fuel additive is so similar to the belief
in the fairy powered electronic water conditioners that it is quite
striking.

Christian.

IMM

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...

It looks like (in retrospect) that the similarities in posting style

were
actually recognised by a human rather than a machine.

Reading the thread, the posting styles are, indeed, exceptionally similar.
The belief in some sort of magic fuel additive is so similar to the belief
in the fairy powered electronic water conditioners that it is quite
striking.

Is this a magnet fuel thing?

IMM

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic

Yours may be. Not all IP addresses are dynamic, and to imply that it is
so shows your ignorance.

Looking at his postings, he has a dynamic address (supplied by a
Energis/PlanetOnline pop) that changes frequently. However, postings at
similar times have identical IP addresses caused by the fact that the

modem
doesn't change IP address when still connected.

You are nuts.

mouse

"IMM" wrote in message

"mouse" mouse @nospam .net wrote in message

Nothing like a smart arse is thee.

No, and you appear to be a first class one

Smart, yes. Arse, no. What mouse hole have you crawled out of?

Been done to death before by ex trolls, try and come up with something
original!!!

Mouse

Neil Jones

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic

Yours may be. Not all IP addresses are dynamic, and to imply that it

is
so shows your ignorance.

Looking at his postings, he has a dynamic address (supplied by a
Energis/PlanetOnline pop) that changes frequently. However, postings

at
similar times have identical IP addresses caused by the fact that the

modem
doesn't change IP address when still connected.

Christian.

Not to mention identical time offset between the poster's PC and the
ISP's server (1 min 38 sec)

Tim Downie

IMM wrote:
"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , News
writes

Do you know my neighbour?

No, but I know who you are. You're the trolling ****wit who posts as
"IMM" in uk.d-i-y.
you're both posting from the same computer:

Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic and that
of the local ISP, not individual machines. So many people could have
the same IP address at many times. Duh!

Whilst that may be true I believe that for any one dial-up session, you are
assigned a single IP address for the duration of that session. If one is
bored enough, one can find a large number of occasions where "News" and
"IMM" have posted within minutes of each other. Surprise surprise, on those
occasions their IP addresses are the same.

Tim
--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.
Please support rheumatoid arthritis research!

IMM

"IMM" wrote in message

"mouse" mouse @nospam .net wrote in message

Nothing like a smart arse is thee.

No, and you appear to be a first class one

Smart, yes. Arse, no. What mouse hole have you crawled out of?

Been done to death before by ex trolls, try and come up with something
original!!!

You are a troll that is clear, so **** off back to the Yorkshire group.

IMM

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic

Yours may be. Not all IP addresses are dynamic, and to imply that it

is
so shows your ignorance.

Looking at his postings, he has a dynamic address (supplied by a
Energis/PlanetOnline pop) that changes frequently. However, postings

at
similar times have identical IP addresses caused by the fact that the

modem
doesn't change IP address when still connected.

Christian.

Not to mention identical time offset between the poster's PC and the
ISP's server (1 min 38 sec)

Another one who knows little of computers.

Neil Jones

"IMM" wrote in message

Another one who knows little of computers.

Well, if you say so, it must be true.

Andy Hall

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:53:00 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , News
writes

Do you know my neighbour?

No, but I know who you are. You're the trolling ****wit who posts as
"IMM" in uk.d-i-y.
you're both posting from the same computer:

Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic and that of the
local ISP, not individual machines. So many people could have the same IP
address at many times. Duh!

Not actually true.

ISPs with dial up users will typically, but not necessarily have a
dynamic address pool for those users. They may also assign dynamic
addresses for the cheaper DSL packages.

I can appreciate that that is possibly what you have.

The more expensive "broadband" packages allocate the customer one
static IP address and may on request provide a larger block if needed.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

Another one who knows little of computers.

Well, if you say so, it must be true.

Good. You are learning.

Christian McArdle

Yours may be. Not all IP addresses are dynamic, and to imply that it is
so shows your ignorance.

That's pretty rare in a domestic setting, though. I used to have one via
Demon, but I wouldn't want one now as it is too dangerous; IP masquerading
gives useful extra security for free. Couple it with a solid state router
with all incoming TCP connections dropped silently and you're relatively
safe from cold calling attacks.

I wouldn't want my actual computers (as opposed to the router) to have a
genuine IP address at all, dynamic or static. Much happier that they are
known as 192.168.0.x, as no router on the net is going to find them.

Christian.

mouse

"IMM" wrote in message

"mouse" mouse @nospam .net wrote in message

Nothing like a smart arse is thee.

No, and you appear to be a first class one

Smart, yes. Arse, no. What mouse hole have you crawled out of?

Been done to death before by ex trolls, try and come up with something
original!!!

You are a troll that is clear, so **** off back to the Yorkshire group.

You really are a sad little troll. I'm not from Yorkshire, (so you can use
the ripe data base,well done.) where I come from we eat trolls for
breakfast, you wont be the first or the last troll I have had kicked off his
ISP. This mouse bites so beware.
Mouse

Christian McArdle

Is this a magnet fuel thing?

You really make me laugh, sometimes! You're are surely not denying that you
are the same person? The evidence is overwhelming and the two identities
have similar attitudes and beliefs, so there is no shame in admitting it.

In any case, it isn't a magnet fuel thing. What is your opinion on a fuel
additive that can be used to help clean and regenerate a catalytic converter
on a car? Would you like to denounce the idea?

Christian.

Christian McArdle

Looking at his postings, he has a dynamic address (supplied by a
Energis/PlanetOnline pop) that changes frequently. However, postings
at similar times have identical IP addresses caused by the fact that
the modem doesn't change IP address when still connected.

You are nuts.

I've got it! You've got a twin brother/sister who shares your computer?

Christian.

IMM

Default IP adressing stinks

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic and that of

the
local ISP, not individual machines. So many people could have the same IP
address at many times. Duh!

Not actually true.

ISPs with dial up users will typically, but not necessarily have a
dynamic address pool for those users. They may also assign dynamic
addresses for the cheaper DSL packages.

I can appreciate that that is possibly what you have.

The more expensive "broadband" packages allocate the customer one
static IP address and may on request provide a larger block if needed.

No ISP allocates one IP address to one individual user, unless it is a large
user. IP addresses are scarce, very scare. One of the big problems of TC/IP
is that the addressing stinks, although this is being worked on.

Andy Hall

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:19:38 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:53:00 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic

Yours may be. Not all IP addresses are dynamic, and to imply that it is
so shows your ignorance.

In the vast majority of the Internet, dynamic IPs are used, as there is
simply not enough IP adresses to around. Nothing like a smart arse is thee.

That is not really true. As a result of Classless Inter Domain
Routing (CIDR), the crunch that was coming as a result of the old
Class A,B,C arrangement has become a non-issue for the foreseeable
future, because large amounts of address space have been reclaimed and
structured prefixes used.

local ISP, not individual machines.

Every individual machine in this house has its own static IP address.

You won't find that via Goggle if you go via an ISP. You are Probably using
a router for all your machines. One side of the router the internet doesn't
want to know.

What on earth are you talking about? It is possible to have static
addresses in an organisation either using private address space and
Network Address Translation (NAT) or by having been allocated a block
of public address space. In the latter case, it is entirely
possible that machines inside an organisation can be seen from the
public internet unless they are specifically firewalled off.
If access is via NAT, then the machines inside may be invisible to the
outside world or there may be specific address/port patches.

Go to the 3-Com web site. They have tutorials on IP addresses.

Most being way out of date, IIRC. Cisco's site is rather better.....

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Is this a magnet fuel thing?

You really make me laugh, sometimes!

You are nuts! Is there a full moon about?

IMM

"IMM" wrote in message

"mouse" mouse @nospam .net wrote in message

Nothing like a smart arse is thee.

No, and you appear to be a first class one

Smart, yes. Arse, no. What mouse hole have you crawled out of?

Been done to death before by ex trolls, try and come up with something
original!!!

You are a troll that is clear, so **** off back to the Yorkshire group.

You really are a sad little troll. I'm not from Yorkshire, (so you can use
the ripe data base,well done.) where I come from we eat trolls for
breakfast, you wont be the first or the last troll I have had kicked off

his
ISP. This mouse bites so beware.
Mouse

You are a troll. That is clear. This ng has been inundated with them. You
are all a total pest.

Parish

IMM wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic and
that of the local ISP, not individual machines. So many people
could have the same IP address at many times. Duh!

Not actually true.

ISPs with dial up users will typically, but not necessarily have a
dynamic address pool for those users. They may also assign
dynamic addresses for the cheaper DSL packages.

I can appreciate that that is possibly what you have.

The more expensive "broadband" packages allocate the customer one
static IP address and may on request provide a larger block if
needed.

No ISP allocates one IP address to one individual user, unless it is
a large user.

Well, I've got one. I'm 6'3" and 17.5 stone - does that mean I got
it 'coz I'm a large user? :-)

IP addresses are scarce, very scare. One of the big problems of
TC/IP is that the addressing stinks, although this is being worked
on.

IPv6 is the name you are looking for.

Mike Tomlinson

In article , IMM
writes

Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic and that of the
local ISP, not individual machines. So many people could have the same IP
address at many times. Duh!

You've only shown your own ignorance. Both postings I quoted (which you
conveniently snipped) are within a 5 minute window. That, the similar
posting style, and the same news client used means that there is a very
high level of probability, bordering on certainty, that you and "Newss"
are one and the same person.

Face it, you've been found out.

Now there's a nice boy, now f**k off

ooooh!

back to the car and Yorkshire news
groups,

I don't take any Yorkshire groups.

and stop bothering us.

Is that the royal "we"?

--
A. Top posters.

IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

In the vast majority of the Internet, dynamic IPs are used, as there is
simply not enough IP adresses to go around. Nothing like a smart arse is

there.

That is not really true.

It is.

local ISP, not individual machines.

Every individual machine in this house has its own static IP address.

You won't find that via Goggle if you go via an ISP. You are Probably

using
a router for all your machines. One side of the router the internet

doesn't
want to know.

What on earth are you talking about? It is possible to have static
addresses in an organisation either using private address space and
Network Address Translation (NAT) or by having been allocated a block
of public address space. In the latter case, it is entirely
possible

The key word is "possible", but it very rarely happens.

Go to the 3-Com web site. They have tutorials on IP addresses.

Most being way out of date, IIRC. Cisco's site is rather better.....

On that we do agree.

IMM

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...

I've got it! You've got a twin brother/sister who shares your computer?

How do you know?

Mike Tomlinson

In article , IMM
writes

No ISP allocates one IP address to one individual user, unless it is a large
user.

Wrong. Look at Demon user IP allocations. If you know how to, that is.

--
A. Top posters.

Nick Brooks

IMM wrote:
"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Your ignorance of computing abounds. IP address are dynamic and that of

the

local ISP, not individual machines. So many people could have the same IP
address at many times. Duh!

Not actually true.

ISPs with dial up users will typically, but not necessarily have a
dynamic address pool for those users. They may also assign dynamic
addresses for the cheaper DSL packages.

I can appreciate that that is possibly what you have.

The more expensive "broadband" packages allocate the customer one
static IP address and may on request provide a larger block if needed.

No ISP allocates one IP address to one individual user, unless it is a large
user. IP addresses are scarce, very scare. One of the big problems of TC/IP
is that the addressing stinks, although this is being worked on.

Wrong again Demon do I have one at home

I just can't see the point of posting without checking your facts first
or am I missing something

Nick