John Laird

Default Cataclean

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:58:02 -0000, Pete Smith
wrote:

In article , cmcardle75
says...
I didn't think google was too hot on searching headers of news postings.

It is just oddly named. When viewing a single message, there is an option
"Original Format" which basically means "Show Headers". I don't know if you
can search on their contents, but it is easy enough to follow up a hunch.

Ah, so this was a hunch based one.

I know you can view the headers, but it would be nice to be able to search
for something like an NNTP posting IP address.

It looks like (in retrospect) that the similarities in posting style were
actually recognised by a human rather than a machine.

I expect so - Mike has appeared in all these groups.

Google header searches are limited to certain fields - author, subject,
message-id.

--
Tomorrow has been cancelled until further notice.

Mail john rather than nospam...