Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Timothy Hill

Default Wiring Extractor Fan with Timer

Hi,

I realise that this topic has been extensively covered elsewhere, and
so I apoligise for bringing it up again... I have attempted to wire up
the fan I have to the light circuit. It is a JB arrangement and the JB
in question is the last in the loop. Therefore, the cables I have
coming in/out of the box a
1) Circuit Cable
2) Switch Cable
3) Fan Cable (triple+earth)
4) Cable to lights

I have connected the cables up as follows:
- Red from Circuit Cable, Fan Cable and Switch Cable
- Yellow from Fan Cable, Red from Cable to Lights and Black from
Switch Cable
- Black from Circuit Cable and Cable to Lights and Blue from Fan Cable
- All earths

The result I get is that when the lights are off, the fan is on. When
I turn the lights on, the fan stays on until the timer decides to turn
it off. I am therefore thinking that there is something wrong with the
fan, but there could also quite easily be something wrong iwth my
wiring :-). Is there an easy remedy for this, or do I need to send the
fan back?

Cheers

Tim