Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who remembers these ? ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a cigarette-like
box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate the boxes "walking"
along.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 06:47, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

OK found the chocolate and the silver walkie talkie under the floor just
need to find the book with the time travelling children now and I will
be happy ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

Frightfully pohsh voice that says nessles not NessLay

No wonder us ruff types never got edufercated proper

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 12:51:24 +0100, Andy Bennet wrote:

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

Frightfully pohsh voice that says nessles not NessLay

No wonder us ruff types never got edufercated proper

I thought it used to be 'nessels' but I wasn't sure if this was a
colloquialism. Not my imagination then.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

+1

I don't recall seeing squares of chocolate in a cigarette-like box.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

Frightfully pohsh voice that says nessles not NessLay

No wonder us ruff types never got edufercated proper

I thought it used to be 'nessels' but I wasn't sure if this was a
colloquialism. Not my imagination then.

It was definitely Nessels when they had their creamery here in Chippenham.

And I am sure that in the days of The Milky Bar Kid the TV
adverts all use to say Nessels Milky Bar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

Frightfully pohsh voice that says nessles not NessLay

No wonder us ruff types never got edufercated proper

I thought it used to be 'nessels' but I wasn't sure if this was a
colloquialism. Not my imagination then.

"Nesslay's Milky Bars"...

....said no-one, ever, until the Swiss parent company started to get uppity.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

Frightfully pohsh voice that says nessles not NessLay

No wonder us ruff types never got edufercated proper

I thought it used to be 'nessels' but I wasn't sure if this was a
colloquialism. Not my imagination then.

"Nesslay's Milky Bars"...

...said no-one, ever, until the Swiss parent company started to get
uppity.

Yes my recollection is that Nestlés' name (on Milky Bars etc) was pronounced
Nessles in UK adverts until about 20 years ago when the correct French
(Swiss-French) pronunciation made it to the adverts in the UK.

I wonder whether non-English speaking countries are as scrupulous about
pronouncing English brand names correctly rather than using their own local
written-to-spoken rules.

Another one is Volkswagen:

Voolkswaggon or Follksvargon?

I have heard quite a lot of people pronounce Seat (Spanish VW-owned car
brand) as seet (as in something you sit on). Even I know it is Say-at. I
presume that is based on Spanish pronunciation of this (in Spanish) made-up
acronym from Sociedad Española de Automóviles de Turismo.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 07:13:29 -0700 (PDT), Owain Lastname
wrote:

On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 15:08:35 UTC+1, NY wrote:
I have heard quite a lot of people pronounce Seat (Spanish VW-owned car
brand) as seet (as in something you sit on). Even I know it is Say-at.

I did not recognise the French car name the first time I encountered it in Scotland.

Pyoo-joe.

I believe Hyundai is supposed to be hee-un-dee.

And Toyota did not use the name MR2 in French-speaking markets :-) .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

Frightfully pohsh voice that says nessles not NessLay

No wonder us ruff types never got edufercated proper

I thought it used to be 'nessels' but I wasn't sure if this was a
colloquialism.Â* Not my imagination then.

[...]

:-)

There's a good argument to be made that SEAT should be pronounced "Ess
Ee Ay Tee", just as we say "Bee Bee Sea" rather than "BuBaK".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

+1

I don't recall seeing squares of chocolate in a cigarette-like box.

But do you remember sweet cigarettes?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 19:01, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Fredxx wrote:

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

+1

I don't recall seeing squares of chocolate in a cigarette-like box.

But do you remember sweet cigarettes?

Very much so, as I thought I had said. White sticks with a dab of red
and the 'hot' end.

Funny we don't seem them any more :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

+1

I don't recall seeing squares of chocolate in a cigarette-like box.

But do you remember sweet cigarettes?

Very much so, as I thought I had said. White sticks with a dab of red
and the 'hot' end.

Funny we don't seem them any more :-(

You can still buy them, but there is no red end and they are not
labelled as cigarettes.

I have a memory of chocolate ones being available at one time though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 15:08:35 UTC+1, NY wrote:
I have heard quite a lot of people pronounce Seat (Spanish VW-owned car
brand) as seet (as in something you sit on). Even I know it is Say-at.

I did not recognise the French car name the first time I encountered it in Scotland.

Pyoo-joe.

I believe Hyundai is supposed to be hee-un-dee.

And Toyota did not use the name MR2 in French-speaking markets :-) .

Why isn't the W in Daewoo usually pronounced? And why begin it with D
when Koreans pronounce it starting T?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 15:08:35 UTC+1, NY wrote:
I have heard quite a lot of people pronounce Seat (Spanish VW-owned car
brand) as seet (as in something you sit on). Even I know it is Say-at.

I did not recognise the French car name the first time I encountered it
in Scotland.

Pyoo-joe.

I believe Hyundai is supposed to be hee-un-dee.

And Toyota did not use the name MR2 in French-speaking markets :-) .

Why isn't the W in Daewoo usually pronounced?

Never heard it pronounced that way.

And why begin it with D when Koreans pronounce it starting T?

What basis do you have for saying that ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:

On 09/06/2021 11:27, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJTl_fw7KA

knew they weren't a figmet of my imagination

Until the packaging was opened, I was expecting them to be chocolate
cigarettes, rather than convention squares of chocolate in a
cigarette-like box. I bet it took some effort in those days to animate
the boxes "walking" along.

+1

I don't recall seeing squares of chocolate in a cigarette-like box.

But do you remember sweet cigarettes?

Very much so, as I thought I had said. White sticks with a dab of red
and the 'hot' end.

Funny we don't seem them any more :-(

You can still buy them, but there is no red end and they are not
labelled as cigarettes.

I have a memory of chocolate ones being available at one time though.

wrapped in white rice paper...yummy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 14:18:50 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Why isn't the W in Daewoo usually pronounced?

Never heard it pronounced that way.

Of COURSE not, you auto-contradicting senile pest! G

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:

very interesting: Metal That Remembers Its Shape ! Video .. Yuda Metalworking 0 September 10th 09 09:43 AM
Who remembers this Blue Angels video? Dave Bugg Woodworking 4 November 5th 06 10:16 PM
Who Remembers Lew Hodgett Woodworking 1 September 29th 06 04:09 AM
How long intelligent charger remembers previous cells? Alex Coleman UK diy 3 September 13th 06 07:01 PM
Sony receiver no longer remembers last audio source Mike Foss Electronics Repair 4 October 10th 05 07:31 AM