Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Virgin Media ...

On 27/05/2021 12:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 27/05/2021 00:23, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 26/05/2021 10:00, Rod Speed wrote:

"John Armstrong" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 May 2021 00:10:17 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 25/05/2021 16:16, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Ta ta virgin media newsgroups....

Do you mean ta ta to the newsgroups, or to their news server
(which is a
re-sold service from an external provider anyway these days)?

I got an email from Virgin on Monday which says:

"We wanted to give you a heads-up that the Usenet platform is being
removed from the Virgin Media service on 30th June 2021. After this
time you will not be able to add or remove content from the platform."

So I take it that they're removing the news server. No apology, no
more advice. Pity, because their broadband and cable tv are quite
efficient.

Could someone please recommend where I could now get Usenet access?

news.individual.net
not free but very cheap and very reliable indeed.

cheap is too expensive...

More fool you.

I pay for as little as possible when it comes to computers.....me no fool

https://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/...sing-ham-radio

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2021 23:01, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , John Armstrong
writes
On Wed, 26 May 2021 17:55:24 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

wrote:

On 25/05/2021 16:16, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Ta ta virgin media newsgroups....

Do you mean ta ta to the newsgroups, or to their news server (which
is a
re-sold service from an external provider anyway these days)?

I got an email from Virgin on Monday which says:

"We wanted to give you a heads-up that the Usenet platform is being
removed from the Virgin Media service on 30th June 2021. After this
time you will not be able to add or remove content from the platform."

So I take it that they're removing the news server. No apology, no
more advice. Pity, because their broadband and cable tv are quite
efficient.

Could someone please recommend where I could now get Usenet access?

Same happened to me ages ago. Think with TalkTalk.

There are two common free servers, News Eternal Septemeber and AIOE.
Worth
having both as they don't both carry the full range of groups.

Thanks to all for your helpful comments and suggestions.

And NIN costs a massive 10 euros per annum.

which you don't need to lose ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Nym-Shifting Senile Australian Pest!

On 27/05/2021 19:12, Peeler wrote:
On Fri, 28 May 2021 03:50:27 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

tell ron to be nicer to me ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 28/05/2021 23:01, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , John Armstrong
writes
On Wed, 26 May 2021 17:55:24 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It isnt lost, its a small price to pay for a much more reliable service,
stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 27/05/2021 19:12, Peeler wrote:
On Fri, 28 May 2021 03:50:27 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

tell ron to be nicer to me ...

I'll ignore whatever that pathetic little wretch whatever it tells me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 30 May 2021 19:16:21 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

tell ron to be nicer to me ...

I'll ignore whatever that pathetic little wretch whatever it tells me.

No, you won't. My posts are the only possibility for you to learn something
about yourself and your pathology, you subnormal sociopathic senile swine!

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 30 May 2021 19:14:24 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

which you don't need to lose ...

It isnt lost, it¢s a small price to pay for a much more reliable service,
stupid.

It is NOT "much more reliable", you senile ****head, bull**** artist and
troll!

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yup, same for HAM radio gear - a £30 cheap Chinesium hand held is
obviously more than adequate for any operator...

--
Cheers,

John.