Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So much for freedom from EU regulations

self drive cars to be limited to 37mph?

No. Its 60km/h.

So much for doing things differently

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

self drive cars to be limited to 37mph?
No. Its 60km/h.
So much for doing things differently

Sure it's an EU regulation?

Many vehicle/driving regs come from the UN, looks like this one does

https://unece.org/transport/documents/2021/03/standards/un-regulation-no-157-automated-lane-keeping-systems-alks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

self drive cars to be limited to 37mph?

No. Its 60km/h.

So much for doing things differently

Why a post? I must be understanding things wrongly.
Surely on 'the Continent' speeds and distances etc are given in
Kilometres (P/H) whilst in Britain though ostensibly we use the metric
system speeds and distances are in Miles (P/H).
So we limit ourselves to 60KPH for self drive cars,this is then
translated, for the hard of thinking, to 37MPH .

We left the EU, We didn't turn the clock back till we used the
Imperial system again.
Yes I still think of wood as being 4x2 and 8x4 sheets.
But now its 2metres of 4x2 and a 4mm sheet of 8x4, schizophrenic much?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So much for doing things differently

You should be worrying about "green" welders, wine fridges,
battery-powered washing machines and digital signage, apparently ...

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2021/9780348222920
Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote:

I still think of wood as being 4x2 and 8x4 sheets.
But now its 2metres of 4x2 and a 4mm sheet of 8x4

More likely 1.8m or 2.4m lengths, and are the sheets 1200x2400mm or
1220x2440mm, and why does it differ between wood and plasterboard?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 11:36, soup wrote:
self drive cars to be limited to 37mph?

No. Its 60km/h.

So much for doing things differently

Why a post? I must be understanding things wrongly.
Surely on 'the Continent' speeds and distances etc are given in
Kilometres (P/H) whilst in Britain though ostensibly we use the metric
system speeds and distances are in Miles (P/H).
So we limit ourselves to 60KPH for self drive cars,this is then
translated, for the hard of thinking, to 37MPH .

We left the EU, We didn't turn the clock back till we used the
Imperial system again.
Yes I still think of wood as being 4x2 and 8x4 sheets.
But now its 2metres of 4x2 and a 4mm sheet of 8x4, schizophrenic much?

Similar confusion for fences, which are available in 180 and 183 cm
widths. The second one is, of course, 6 ft!

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2021 11:11, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

self drive cars to be limited to 37mph?
No. Its 60km/h.
So much for doing things differently

Sure it's an EU regulation?

Many vehicle/driving regs come from the UN, looks like this one does

https://unece.org/transport/documents/2021/03/standards/un-regulation-no-157-automated-lane-keeping-systems-alks

Time we left them as well

--
€œThe fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Most cars have metric speeds so how is that the EUs fault?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
self drive cars to be limited to 37mph?

No. Its 60km/h.

So much for doing things differently

--
"Women actually are capable of being far more than the feminists will let
them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 28/04/2021 11:11, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

self drive cars to be limited to 37mph?
No. Its 60km/h.
So much for doing things differently

Sure it's an EU regulation?

Many vehicle/driving regs come from the UN, looks like this one does

https://unece.org/transport/documents/2021/03/standards/un-regulation-no-157-automated-lane-keeping-systems-alks

Time we left them as well

That "regulation" is based on observed characteristics
of existing systems, and their "event horizon". You can't
drive faster, than the sensors can work.

If you want to drive 200kph in your car, simply switch
off the lane-keeping or self-driving and have at it.
The Autoban awaits. Climb out of the back seat and
back into the front seat.

Paul

freedom faucet Jeff Home Repair 2 January 17th 06 01:20 PM
DOD announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom. Sgt. 1st Class John D. Morton, 31, ofStanton, Ky., died in Shah Wali Kot, Afghanistan on Dec. 15, when 1369.44.7.62 Woodworking 69 December 23rd 05 02:41 AM
OT First day of freedom John Rumm UK diy 5 June 1st 05 10:44 PM
OT-Some thoughts on Freedom Gunner Metalworking 74 May 16th 05 12:16 AM