Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff

Default freedom faucet

Got my new sink (a cast iron Kohler, thanks to anyone who discussed this
with me) now I need a faucet. I have been looking on faucetdirect.com at a
faucet by "Freedom Faucets". I never heard of this brand....will it be as
good as a Delta or a Moen?

Thanks,

Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

don't know. thoughts:
choose an extra tall longer spigot to clear the deep pots and pans.
choose a brand for which replacement parts are widely available to you.
my personal preference is for old style one handed delta ball handles,
but some like the vertical lift of water selection style common to old
style moen. see what you like to feel on the back of your greasy hand
when you're washing up. the old moens had a scratchier handle and the
excessive motion to swing them into position for temperature selection
is what pushed me away from them to the deltas.
you can look thru the virtual catalog for this at:
www.hdsupply.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht

"Jeff" wrote:

Got my new sink (a cast iron Kohler, thanks to anyone who discussed this
with me) now I need a faucet. I have been looking on faucetdirect.com at a
faucet by "Freedom Faucets". I never heard of this brand....will it be as
good as a Delta or a Moen?

I bought a Moen less than 3 yrs ago and it is crap. I called for
a replacement piece of rubber- probably a nickel's worth- and they
don't sell parts, but they'll replace the whole faucett. . . except
they don't make that model anymore. Nor do they sell one with the
same features. [pull out and filter option]

I'll never throw my money away on a 'lifetime' 'moan' again. I'll
get whatever is cheap and toss it when it breaks.

Jim

eScrew Dave Jackson Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 01:54 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Kitchen faucet replacement Doug Kanter Home Repair 1 May 1st 04 04:36 PM
More MOEN Kitchen Faucet Woes Dr Jack White Home Repair 0 March 13th 04 12:53 PM
Leaky faucet won't stay fixed! Clinton Bast Home Repair 4 March 5th 04 09:07 PM