Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So much for freedom from EU regulations

On 28/04/2021 11:36, soup wrote:
self drive cars to be limited to 37mph?

No. Its 60km/h.

So much for doing things differently

Why a post? I must be understanding things wrongly.
Surely on 'the Continent' speeds and distances etc are given in
Kilometres (P/H) whilst in Britain though ostensibly we use the metric
system speeds and distances are in Miles (P/H).
So we limit ourselves to 60KPH for self drive cars,this is then
translated, for the hard of thinking, to 37MPH .

We left the EU, We didn't turn the clock back till we used the
Imperial system again.
Yes I still think of wood as being 4x2 and 8x4 sheets.
But now its 2metres of 4x2 and a 4mm sheet of 8x4, schizophrenic much?

Similar confusion for fences, which are available in 180 and 183 cm
widths. The second one is, of course, 6 ft!

--

Jeff