John Rumm

Default OT First day of freedom

Just noticed, it was tax freedom day yesterday, so today is the first
day this year working for yourself rather than Gordon.

--
Cheers,

John.

Tony Bryer

In article , John
Rumm wrote:
Just noticed, it was tax freedom day yesterday, so today is the first
day this year working for yourself rather than Gordon.

If you read http://www.adamsmith.org/tax/technical.php ("Only economists
click this page first. Sad, isn't it?") for the last four weeks the tax
paid by us English has gone to Wales, Scotland and NI. And the writer
points out that if you factor in government borrowing (deferred taxation
IOW) Gordon has yet to match Ken Clarke's excesses.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

BigWallop

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , John
Rumm wrote:
Just noticed, it was tax freedom day yesterday, so today is the first
day this year working for yourself rather than Gordon.

If you read http://www.adamsmith.org/tax/technical.php ("Only economists
click this page first. Sad, isn't it?") for the last four weeks the tax
paid by us English has gone to Wales, Scotland and NI. And the writer
points out that if you factor in government borrowing (deferred taxation
IOW) Gordon has yet to match Ken Clarke's excesses.

Chancellor!!! Chancellor!!!! The people are revolting. Yes I know. Get
them out of here before they stink the whole place out. LOL!!!

Owain

Tony Bryer wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Just noticed, it was tax freedom day yesterday, so today is the first
day this year working for yourself rather than Gordon.

If you read http://www.adamsmith.org/tax/technical.php ("Only economists
click this page first. Sad, isn't it?") for the last four weeks the tax
paid by us English has gone to Wales, Scotland and NI.

The gas fitter doing my annual safety check on Monday was telling me he
is getting a complete new central heating system, including boiler and
radiators, and cavity wall insulation. The cost to him - about 150 to
get the old flue hole blocked up, because he's over 60 and his existing
heating system isn't working[1]. The Scottish Executive are apparently
paying for new heating systems for all of pensionable age.

I don't know what the Welsh and Northern Irish are doing with your tax,
but please be assured that the Executive up here can find other things
to spend your money on apart from the Parly.

Owain

[1] As he said, being in the trade it's not too difficult to make a
heating system not work.

Mike

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Just noticed, it was tax freedom day yesterday, so today is the first
day this year working for yourself rather than Gordon.

Only for the average person isn't it ?

Anybody on a lower income was free ages ago, those on higher income who
don't want to pay for a top notch accountant have a bit to go.

raden

In message , Owain
writes
Tony Bryer wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Just noticed, it was tax freedom day yesterday, so today is the first
day this year working for yourself rather than Gordon.

If you read http://www.adamsmith.org/tax/technical.php ("Only
economists click this page first. Sad, isn't it?") for the last four
weeks the tax paid by us English has gone to Wales, Scotland and NI.

The gas fitter doing my annual safety check on Monday was telling me he
is getting a complete new central heating system, including boiler and
radiators, and cavity wall insulation. The cost to him - about 150 to
get the old flue hole blocked up, because he's over 60 and his existing
heating system isn't working[1]. The Scottish Executive are apparently
paying for new heating systems for all of pensionable age.

They have for some time. It does take about 6 months IIRC

Shame I'm too young to make my boiler terminal

bugger ... I forgot that I installed mine on the 31st of March

--
geoff

eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Metalworking 7 December 22nd 04 09:47 PM
eScrew Dave Jackson Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 01:54 AM
Funny story about metal [email protected] Metalworking 10 December 20th 04 05:26 PM
Funny story about repair [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 20th 04 03:35 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM