Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fog lights

NY explained on 29/03/2021 :
How widespread is an interlock between lights switch and foglights, such the
turning off the sidelights resets the fogligh swithc to the off position.

Mine is all electronic. The switches just 'command' the lighting ECU,
so you cannot leave any fog lights on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NY submitted this idea :
My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at least
when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been fitted after-sale,
because it also had trafficators that still worked. I wonder if Mum had them
fitted when she bought the car.

I don't remember any white indicators, except in US cars. I half
remember a conversion of the mechanical arm trafficators, where the
trafficator slot had a fixed orange sticky out lens mounted over the
slot, with a built-in flasher.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2021 15:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
NY submitted this idea :
My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at
least when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been
fitted after-sale, because it also had trafficators that still worked.
I wonder if Mum had them fitted when she bought the car.

I don't remember any white indicators, except in US cars. I half
remember a conversion of the mechanical arm trafficators, where the
trafficator slot had a fixed orange sticky out lens mounted over the
slot, with a built-in flasher.

My 1957 Austin A35 had orange indicators - and cover plates for where
the trafficators would have been !

My 1964 Ford Anglia (~105E) had white light indicators integrated into
the front sidelights. A couple of years later, Ford redesigned with
separate, orange, indicators just inside the front sidelights

That was the sort of timescale.

PA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2021 15:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
NY submitted this idea :
My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at
least when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been
fitted after-sale, because it also had trafficators that still worked.
I wonder if Mum had them fitted when she bought the car.

I don't remember any white indicators, except in US cars. I half
remember a conversion of the mechanical arm trafficators, where the
trafficator slot had a fixed orange sticky out lens mounted over the
slot, with a built-in flasher.

yes UK cars used to have white indicators at the front and red to the
rear I remember them ......US cars are weird when you indicate you get
at the front a 5w on all the time and 21w flash with sep filaments and
flashing red to the rear.......hade to change it all on the mustang.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
NY submitted this idea :
My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at least
when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been fitted after-sale,
because it also had trafficators that still worked. I wonder if Mum had them
fitted when she bought the car.

I don't remember any white indicators, except in US cars. I half
remember a conversion of the mechanical arm trafficators, where the
trafficator slot had a fixed orange sticky out lens mounted over the
slot, with a built-in flasher.

Loads of 50s cars in the UK had white/red flashers. Think Ford were the
first.

--
*Preserve wildlife - Go pickle a squirrel*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
NY submitted this idea :
My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at
least
when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been fitted
after-sale,
because it also had trafficators that still worked. I wonder if Mum had
them
fitted when she bought the car.

I don't remember any white indicators, except in US cars. I half
remember a conversion of the mechanical arm trafficators, where the
trafficator slot had a fixed orange sticky out lens mounted over the
slot, with a built-in flasher.

I don't *think* mum's Morris Minor had *flashing* lights in the trafficator
arms. I think they were just rather dim permanently-on orange lights (as
white bulbs in an orange housing). They worked in conjunction with the
flashing indicators front and back, for a couple of years, but eventually
jammed and blew a fuse, so dad disconnected the wiring to them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

Don't think flashing bulbs in trafficators were ever factory.

And on your car, the flashing indicators had been added. No factory car
had both.

--
*When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
On 06 Apr 2021 at 15:58:45 BST, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

NY submitted this idea :
My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at least
when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been fitted after-sale,
because it also had trafficators that still worked. I wonder if Mum had them
fitted when she bought the car.

I don't remember any white indicators, except in US cars. I half
remember a conversion of the mechanical arm trafficators, where the
trafficator slot had a fixed orange sticky out lens mounted over the
slot, with a built-in flasher.

Our Zephyr Zodiac (early 50s) had flashing indicators but they were red at the
back and white at the front.

Yes. As a kid, a neighbour was a pilot at a port in the middle east - so
away most of the time. On a spell of leave, he arrived in a brand new LHD
Mk1 Zodiac - early 50s. With a horn ring and flashing indicators. Think
this may have been before the car was available in the UK. I was most
impressed. Dad have a very secondhand Morris Minor. Only unusual thing
about that was it had a radio. And heater.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Harry Bloomfield
writes
NY submitted this idea :
My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at
least when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been
fitted after-sale, because it also had trafficators that still
worked. I wonder if Mum had them fitted when she bought the car.

I don't remember any white indicators, except in US cars. I half
remember a conversion of the mechanical arm trafficators, where the
trafficator slot had a fixed orange sticky out lens mounted over the
slot, with a built-in flasher.

Me neither We had an A35 van c1958 with trafficators and they were
orange.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Peter Able
writes
[...]

I had a 1959 105E. Honestly can't remember the front indicators.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , NY writes
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

No flashing Just a steady light.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2021 20:47, bert wrote:
In article , Peter Able writes
On 06/04/2021 15:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
NY submitted this idea :
My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at
least when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been
fitted after-sale, because it also had trafficators that still
worked.Â* I wonder if Mum had them fitted when she bought the car.
Â*I don't remember any white indicators, except in US cars. I half
remember a conversion of the mechanical arm trafficators, where the
trafficator slot had a fixed orange sticky out lens mounted over the
slot, with a built-in flasher.

My 1957 Austin A35 had orange indicators - and cover plates for where
the trafficators would have been !

My 1964 Ford Anglia (~105E) had white light indicators integrated into
the front sidelights. A couple of years later, Ford redesigned with
separate, orange, indicators just inside the front sidelights

That was the sort of timescale.

PA

I had a 1959 105E. Honestly can't remember the front indicators.

Google shows all models - from 1959 to 1968. Quite a short period for
so iconic a car. Mine was a B-reg. I think that the separation of the
front side/indicator was from about E-reg on.

Great car - but from day 1 rust ate into both ends of the front door
pillars !

PA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Peter Able wrote:
On 07/04/2021 20:47, bert wrote:
[...]

I had the 123E estate. (C reg). Replaced it with a Cortina MkIII GT.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Peter Able wrote:
Google shows all models - from 1959 to 1968. Quite a short period for
so iconic a car.

Not really - few body designs last more than 10 years. The Escort which
replaced it had a slightly longer run - albeit in MkI and MkII versions.

There are exceptions like the Minor and Mini. But likely because they
didn't make much of a profit.

--
*Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 christmaslightinginstall.blogs… — Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 We sale christmas lights and install them for you, house lights, holiday lights, trees lights, christmas lights Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 24th 08 07:02 PM
Lights Lights Christmas Lights Installation Los Angeles, BeverlyHills, Santa Monica, Culver City, Marina Del Rey, Calabasas, Agoura HillsThousand Oaks Holiday Lights Installation 1-310-925-1720 Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 15th 08 02:25 AM
Survey: main beam AND fog lights in your area ? Father Kylesmas UK diy 2 December 23rd 06 06:58 PM
Lights in fog Alan Holmes UK diy 1 November 28th 05 11:47 PM
Lights in fog Alan Holmes UK diy 0 November 26th 05 02:41 PM