Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default fog lights

On 06/04/2021 15:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
NY submitted this idea :
My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at
least when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been
fitted after-sale, because it also had trafficators that still worked.
I wonder if Mum had them fitted when she bought the car.

I don't remember any white indicators, except in US cars. I half
remember a conversion of the mechanical arm trafficators, where the
trafficator slot had a fixed orange sticky out lens mounted over the
slot, with a built-in flasher.

yes UK cars used to have white indicators at the front and red to the
rear I remember them ......US cars are weird when you indicate you get
at the front a 5w on all the time and 21w flash with sep filaments and
flashing red to the rear.......hade to change it all on the mustang.....