Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default fog lights

On 08/04/2021 10:27, charles wrote:
In article ,
Peter Able wrote:
On 07/04/2021 20:47, bert wrote:
In article , Peter Able writes
On 06/04/2021 15:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
NY submitted this idea :
My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at
least when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been
fitted after-sale, because it also had trafficators that still
worked. I wonder if Mum had them fitted when she bought the car.
I don't remember any white indicators, except in US cars. I half
remember a conversion of the mechanical arm trafficators, where the
trafficator slot had a fixed orange sticky out lens mounted over the
slot, with a built-in flasher.

My 1957 Austin A35 had orange indicators - and cover plates for where
the trafficators would have been !

My 1964 Ford Anglia (~105E) had white light indicators integrated into
the front sidelights. A couple of years later, Ford redesigned with
separate, orange, indicators just inside the front sidelights

That was the sort of timescale.

PA

I had a 1959 105E. Honestly can't remember the front indicators.

Google shows all models - from 1959 to 1968. Quite a short period for
so iconic a car. Mine was a B-reg. I think that the separation of the
front side/indicator was from about E-reg on.

Great car - but from day 1 rust ate into both ends of the front door
pillars !

I had the 123E estate. (C reg). Replaced it with a Cortina MkIII GT.

cool car