Posted to uk.telecom,uk.d-i-y,comp.sys.raspberry-pi

Default New BBC and Absolute radio streaming URLS

On 2021-03-23, Martin Gregorie wrote:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 15:12:59 +0000, Stephen Pelc wrote:

When I listen to a Philip Glass piano piece, I'm listening to classical
music IMHO.

One of the best orchestral concerts I've been to was at Cambridge Corn
Exchange in 2000, when the Britten Sinfonia played a concert of pieces by
John Adams and Frank Zappa.

Definitely a good fit in the Contemporary Classical category.

Billy Joel's album _Fantasies & Delusions_ is a collection of
classical compositions for solo piano. It was released on the
Sony Classical label. A nice touch was the way the album cover
adopted the look of the sheet music publications of G. Schirmer, Inc.

--
/~\ Charlie Gibbs | They don't understand Microsoft
\ / | has stolen their car and parked
Posted to uk.telecom,uk.d-i-y,comp.sys.raspberry-pi

Op 21-3-2021 om 15:44 schreef The Natural Philosopher:
On 21/03/2021 14:02, tony sayer wrote:
The Natural Philosopher scribeth thus
On 14/03/2021 19:35, Axel Berger wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:
Hard to believe anyone with an internet radio would still
want to listen to the ****e the BBC has to offer,

Come to Germany and you'll see how enormously grateful I am for
the BBC. Whatever do you have in mind, that could be even
comparable to them?

I sympathise. In continental Europe on FM the only classical
music radio was re-broadcasts for Radio 3 concerts and nothing in
Germany

Don't quite understand what your getting at here are you saying
theres no classic stations in Germany or ones worth listening to?

No, I am saying that I found none on FM radio while driving from
Dunquerque to Koblenz..after Aachen.

In every country you were is at least one classical music station on FM.

France:
France Musique (already mentioned)

Belgium (French speaking):
RTBF Musiq 3:
https://www.rtbf.be/musiq3/
RTBF listening does not work on my PC, this one works:
https://belgiefm.com/musiq3

Belgium (Dutch speaking):
VRT Klara
https://klara.be/
https://radioplus.be/#/klara/herbeluister

Netherlands:
NPO Radio 4
https://www.nporadio4.nl/
https://www.nporadio4.nl/online-radio-luisteren/gedraaid
I hate it when the music is played in a website and not in a separate TAB.

Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Aachen - Köln - Bonn, etc)
WDR 3
https://www1.wdr.de/radio/wdr3/index.html
https://www1.wdr.de/radio/player/radioplayer106~_layout-popupVersion.html

Germany, Rheinland-Pfalz (Koblenz, etc)
SWR 2 (SWR = Südwest Rundfunk)
https://www.swr.de/swr2/musik-klassik/index.html
listening in website, or he
https://onlineradiobox.com/de/swr2live/?cs=de.swr2live&played=1&lang=nl

Germany, Nationwide (DAB+, but not everywhere on FM)
Deutschlandfunk Kultur (not 24h classical music)
https://www.deutschlandfunkkultur.de/
https://www.deutschlandfunkkultur.de/unsere-live-streams.2428.de.html
FM-Frequencies:
https://www.deutschlandradio.de/index.media.b32f6682d549e179b4d18fb8acc14753.pdf

Germany, Nationwide (DAB+, but not everywhere on FM)
Klassik Radio (commercial)
https://www.klassikradio.de/
https://www.klassikradio.de/#
Not on FM in Nordrhein-Westfalen and Rheinland-Pfalz

Have fun!
Rink