Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Virgin Media Contractual URLs needed

The present circumstances, the explanation of how they were reached would be long and unnecessary, are :-

(A) A friend has a newish Virgin Media contract for broadband and telephone..

(B) My friend has a black-and-white printout of a three-page document headed "Your Virgin Media Contract" and dated "Monday 3rd June 2019"; but does not have that document in electronic form. The printout does not include a URL for the document itself.

(C) On pages 1, 2, 3 of the contract document there are, respectively, 1, 3, 3 instances of the word "here", in grey. From the context and the colour, these are obviously, when on screen, seven clickable links.

(D) We need to know the URLs of those seven links, in sequence, as the destinations are in essence part of the Contract.

It would be best if some kind person with an electronic copy of such a contract document to hand would click those links and copy the destinations into a follow-up article to be posted here, or obtain the same effect with other means such as GREP or MINITRUE; or would E-mail the contract (or the relevant parts) to me (noting that kind act here so I don't get more copies than needed).

--
(c) Dr. S. Lartius, UK. Gmail: dr.s.lartius@ |
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/08/2019 23:31, Dr S Lartius wrote:
The present circumstances, the explanation of how they were reached would be long and unnecessary, are :-

(A) A friend has a newish Virgin Media contract for broadband and telephone.

(B) My friend has a black-and-white printout of a three-page document headed "Your Virgin Media Contract" and dated "Monday 3rd June 2019"; but does not have that document in electronic form. The printout does not include a URL for the document itself.

He can download it?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-contract

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dr S Lartius wrote:

My friend has a black-and-white printout of a three-page document
headed "Your Virgin Media Contract" and dated "Monday 3rd June 2019";
but does not have that document in electronic form.

Pick some unique sounding phrases from the printout and search for them,
possibly adding a "site:virginmedia.co.uk" term?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dr S Lartius wrote:
[...]

My contract is from last year and is only two pages. It doesnt have any
hidden links, theyre all in hot text links.

This any help? https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff was thinking very hard :
Its laziness and sharp practice to hide them in this way.
So many people who offer services these days have nothing to do with
internet services but have merely gone down the online route with no contact
telephone number.
It is discriminatory, since many many do not have web access.
I'll get off my soapbox now.

Who bothers to read them anyway?

Plusnet do seem to insist on their people actually reading out the
terms of their contract, when you agree to a contract - not a
recording, but an operator reading in out and rather pointlessly,
because they speak so quickly, you do not have time to absorb it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 August 2019 00:20:00 UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 17/08/2019 23:31, Dr S Lartius wrote:
The present circumstances, the explanation of how they were reached would be long and unnecessary, are :-

(A) A friend has a newish Virgin Media contract for broadband and telephone.

(B) My friend has a black-and-white printout of a three-page document headed "Your Virgin Media Contract" and dated "Monday 3rd June 2019"; but does not have that document in electronic form. The printout does not include a URL for the document itself.

He can download it?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-contract

And/or .co.uk

The document is not a published Web page, as it contains the customer's name and (badly written) address. Each page is headed with a very unique-looking DocuSign ID.

--
(c) Dr. S. Lartius, UK. Gmail: dr.s.lartius@ |
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Dr S Lartius wrote:

My friend has a black-and-white printout of a three-page document
headed "Your Virgin Media Contract" and dated "Monday 3rd June 2019";
but does not have that document in electronic form.

Pick some unique sounding phrases from the printout and search for them,
possibly adding a "site:virginmedia.co.uk" term?

^WHS^
It also helps to put the unique looking phrase between its own
inverted commas to indicate to Google you want the phrase, and
not separate occurrences of the component words.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 August 2019 00:20:00 UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 17/08/2019 23:31, Dr S Lartius wrote:
The present circumstances, the explanation of how they were reached would be long and unnecessary, are :-

(A) A friend has a newish Virgin Media contract for broadband and telephone.

(B) My friend has a black-and-white printout of a three-page document headed "Your Virgin Media Contract" and dated "Monday 3rd June 2019"; but does not have that document in electronic form. The printout does not include a URL for the document itself.

He can download it?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-contract

Possibly, if the account password is available. Thanks.

--
(c) Dr. S. Lartius, UK. Gmail: dr.s.lartius@ |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 August 2019 07:32:22 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:

My contract is from last year and is only two pages. It doesnt have any
hidden links, theyre all in hot text links.

This any help? https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff

Yes; what it now leads to does not necessarily show exactly what is in the contract in question, but what it shows should be similar enough to be a useful guide. Thanks.

--
(c) Dr. S. Lartius, UK. Gmail: dr.s.lartius@ |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 August 2019 07:23:42 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
Dr S Lartius wrote:

My friend has a black-and-white printout of a three-page document
headed "Your Virgin Media Contract" and dated "Monday 3rd June 2019";
but does not have that document in electronic form.

Pick some unique sounding phrases from the printout and search for them,
possibly adding a "site:virginmedia.co.uk" term?

Not found. The document that we have is clearly machine-built, from parts.

--
(c) Dr. S. Lartius, UK. Gmail: dr.s.lartius@ |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/08/2019 10:38, Dr S Lartius wrote:
On Sunday, 18 August 2019 00:20:00 UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 17/08/2019 23:31, Dr S Lartius wrote:
The present circumstances, the explanation of how they were reached would be long and unnecessary, are :-

(A) A friend has a newish Virgin Media contract for broadband and telephone.

(B) My friend has a black-and-white printout of a three-page document headed "Your Virgin Media Contract" and dated "Monday 3rd June 2019"; but does not have that document in electronic form. The printout does not include a URL for the document itself.

He can download it?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-contract

And/or .co.uk

The document is not a published Web page, as it contains the customer's name and (badly written) address. Each page is headed with a very unique-looking DocuSign ID.

That is consistent with a past contract we had from VM, which was sent
(by prior agreement) as a PDF attachment to an email from docusign.net.

Seems to me a fuss about nothing given - as others have indicated - it's
easy to get a copy online. Or to ask for one to be sent by email - by
calling 150 or sending a message.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 August 2019 10:53:31 UTC+1, Graham. wrote:
Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Dr S Lartius wrote:

My friend has a black-and-white printout of a three-page document
headed "Your Virgin Media Contract" and dated "Monday 3rd June 2019";
but does not have that document in electronic form.

Pick some unique sounding phrases from the printout and search for them,
possibly adding a "site:virginmedia.co.uk" term?

^WHS^
It also helps to put the unique looking phrase between its own
inverted commas to indicate to Google you want the phrase, and
not separate occurrences of the component words.

Indeed. But the document contains a sufficient number of words which are not common in combination, one such being "Winnall". With those, a whole-Web search finds less than a screenful, all of which are obviously not what is wanted.

--
(c) Dr. S. Lartius, UK. Gmail: dr.s.lartius@ |

Beware of tiny/blind URLs Bill White Home Repair 5 March 15th 15 08:17 PM
Virgin Media Installation Conundrum BodgeIt UK diy 19 July 11th 09 03:13 PM
NTL/Virgin Media broadband SNAFU alexander.keys1 UK diy 101 February 19th 07 03:55 PM
Today's URLs Gigi Home Ownership 0 August 12th 05 07:33 PM
Update from mobile phone virgin on Virgin Mobile Mike Mitchell UK diy 37 April 3rd 04 04:13 PM