Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap Android tablet, cannot click on screen button

I picked up a used low spec. Huawei Mediapad T1 7.0 as a cheap,
dedicated display for my brewing activities. Basically a gadget sends
the monitored gravity, to Brewspy, then I can log into the Brewspy
server, to see the progress.

I already had Brewspy working via Bluestacks on my PC and on an even
older tablet, which I had rooted and installed standard Android on, but
both were terrible slow to use with Brewspy.

The Mediapad works fine with all the installed apps, I can click on on
screen buttons fine, except for Brewspy.

Brewspy, before it can get to my account, needs me to fill in my email
address and my password. I fill those details in and below is a LOGIN
button, a CREATE ACCOUNT and FORGOT PASSWORD buttons. Trying to click
any of these buttons, produces nothing at all - no reaction.

I think I only need to get Brewspy past the login stage and then it
will work fine, but how??

As a work around, I tried to connect a bluetooth keyboard. The Mediapad
sees the keyboard, but refused to pair with it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/03/2021 16:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I picked up a used low spec. Huawei Mediapad T1 7.0 as a cheap,
dedicated display for my brewing activities. Basically a gadget sends
the monitored gravity, to Brewspy, then I can log into the Brewspy
server, to see the progress.

I already had Brewspy working via Bluestacks on my PC and on an even
older tablet, which I had rooted and installed standard Android on, but
both were terrible slow to use with Brewspy.

The Mediapad works fine with all the installed apps, I can click on on
screen buttons fine, except for Brewspy.

Brewspy, before it can get to my account, needs me to fill in my email
address and my password. I fill those details in and below is a LOGIN
button, a CREATE ACCOUNT and FORGOT PASSWORD buttons. Trying to click
any of these buttons, produces nothing at all - no reaction.

lick your finger

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher explained on 02/03/2021 :
lick your finger

Nah - As I said the screen buttons work fine with all the other apps,
apart from this one single app.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/03/2021 16:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I picked up a used low spec. Huawei Mediapad T1 7.0 as a cheap,
dedicated display for my brewing activities. Basically a gadget sends
the monitored gravity, to Brewspy, then I can log into the Brewspy
server, to see the progress.

I already had Brewspy working via Bluestacks on my PC and on an even
older tablet, which I had rooted and installed standard Android on, but
both were terrible slow to use with Brewspy.

The Mediapad works fine with all the installed apps, I can click on on
screen buttons fine, except for Brewspy.

Brewspy, before it can get to my account, needs me to fill in my email
address and my password. I fill those details in and below is a LOGIN
button, a CREATE ACCOUNT and FORGOT PASSWORD buttons. Trying to click
any of these buttons, produces nothing at all - no reaction.

Doesn't the virtual keyboard have something like an arrow or return button?

I think I only need to get Brewspy past the login stage and then it will
work fine, but how??

As a work around, I tried to connect a bluetooth keyboard. The Mediapad
sees the keyboard, but refused to pair with it.

USB keyboard plugged in via an OTG adapter?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Just 2 random thoughts:

Have you tried while connected to the internet?

Have you installed any other apps since buying the tablet - just so you
know there's not a problem with news app generally?

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Max Demian laid this down on his screen :
Doesn't the virtual keyboard have something like an arrow or return button?

Yes, but it just causes the keyboard to disappear, nothing else.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote :
Just 2 random thoughts:

Have you tried while connected to the internet?

Yes, it has a good wifi connection.

Have you installed any other apps since buying the tablet - just so you know
there's not a problem with news app generally?

No, but it did update all of it's built in apps. I could try another
app.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rambo wrote :
Clear the cache.

done that a couple of times..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
[...]

Its more likely their server isnt responding
given it's the only app that doesn't work.

but how??

As a work around, I tried to connect a bluetooth keyboard. The Mediapad
sees the keyboard, but refused to pair with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Thats mad, he doesnt need to with the other apps.

I think I only need to get Brewspy past the login stage and then it will
work fine, but how??

As a work around, I tried to connect a bluetooth keyboard. The Mediapad
sees the keyboard, but refused to pair with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 08:46:19 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Try installing a different keyboard app (eg Google's Gboard or
Microsoft's Swiftkey) from Google Play, then make it as the default in
Settings.

--
Reentrant
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote on 02/03/2021 :
Its more likely their server isnt responding
given it's the only app that doesn't work.

Once the details have been set up, there is no need to re-enter them in
Brewspy - they seem to be stored. My two other copies of Brewspy are
able to connect to the server without any problems and show data from a
previous brew. Which suggests the server itself is OK.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

So are you saying its a physical fault on part of the screen or could it be
the web site buttons which are not touch screen friendly? if the latter then
the owner of the site needs to fix it I'd have thought.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

So are you saying its a physical fault on part of the screen

I think he's saying it's a perfectly good touchscreen, but that one app
is not responding to events from the on-screen keyboard.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote on 02/03/2021 :
Its more likely their server isnt responding
given it's the only app that doesn't work.

Once the details have been set up, there is no need to re-enter them in
Brewspy - they seem to be stored.

I meant the server isnt responding to the login button tap.

My two other copies of Brewspy are able to connect to the server without
any problems and show data from a previous brew. Which suggests the server
itself is OK.

Yes, that is the evidence that the server itself isnt the problem.

Likely the problem is that the config of that tablet isnt
able to access the server properly for some reason.
Check the basic settings for which DNS is being used
on the one that works and the one that doesn't and
stuff like that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

So are you saying its a physical fault on part of the screen

I think he's saying it's a perfectly good touchscreen, but that one app is
not responding to events from the on-screen keyboard.

No, just the 3 buttons, logon, lost password and register.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 05:54:38 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the nym-shifting trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that Brian Gaff (Sofa) formulated :
So are you saying its a physical fault on part of the screen or could it be
the web site buttons which are not touch screen friendly? if the latter then
the owner of the site needs to fix it I'd have thought.

I have been in touch with the softwares author and it turned out to be
an incompatibility between the software and the earlier version of
Android on the pad. He has fixed that issue, the login button is now
working, but it thows up another issue with the login server.

So still not quite there...