Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Cheap Android tablet, cannot click on screen button

On 02/03/2021 16:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I picked up a used low spec. Huawei Mediapad T1 7.0 as a cheap,
dedicated display for my brewing activities. Basically a gadget sends
the monitored gravity, to Brewspy, then I can log into the Brewspy
server, to see the progress.

I already had Brewspy working via Bluestacks on my PC and on an even
older tablet, which I had rooted and installed standard Android on, but
both were terrible slow to use with Brewspy.

The Mediapad works fine with all the installed apps, I can click on on
screen buttons fine, except for Brewspy.

Brewspy, before it can get to my account, needs me to fill in my email
address and my password. I fill those details in and below is a LOGIN
button, a CREATE ACCOUNT and FORGOT PASSWORD buttons. Trying to click
any of these buttons, produces nothing at all - no reaction.

Doesn't the virtual keyboard have something like an arrow or return button?

I think I only need to get Brewspy past the login stage and then it will
work fine, but how??

As a work around, I tried to connect a bluetooth keyboard. The Mediapad
sees the keyboard, but refused to pair with it.

USB keyboard plugged in via an OTG adapter?

--
Max Demian