Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT helping elderly person with their Android tablet remotely

I'm trying to get an older disabled lady I know into using the Internet after having inspired her by showing her my tablet on a Christmas visit.

The problem is she's 200 miles away so I need to be able to give her assistance remotely.

I've used Teamviewer with great success for people with PCs but I'm wondering if there's an equivalent for people who use Android tablets that anyone's tried?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Murmansk writes
I'm trying to get an older disabled lady I know into using the Internet
after having inspired her by showing her my tablet on a Christmas visit.

The problem is she's 200 miles away so I need to be able to give her
assistance remotely.

I've used Teamviewer with great success for people with PCs but I'm
wondering if there's an equivalent for people who use Android tablets
that anyone's tried?

Sorry if I've missed something, but there's a full set of Teamviewer
software in the Google Play store.
--
Nick (=----)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/12/2014 12:56, Nick wrote:
In message ,
Murmansk writes
I'm trying to get an older disabled lady I know into using the
Internet after having inspired her by showing her my tablet on a
Christmas visit.

The problem is she's 200 miles away so I need to be able to give her
assistance remotely.

I've used Teamviewer with great success for people with PCs but I'm
wondering if there's an equivalent for people who use Android tablets
that anyone's tried?

Sorry if I've missed something, but there's a full set of Teamviewer
software in the Google Play store.

I don't know if anything has changed, but inability to take control of
IOS devices (iPhone, iPad) was a major reason for me to avoid them when
looking for a tablet device for an elderly person. Android certainly
could be remotely controlled by several products.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, December 28, 2014 11:23:17 AM UTC, Murmansk wrote:
I'm trying to get an older disabled lady I know into using the Internet
after having inspired her by showing her my tablet on a Christmas visit.
The problem is she's 200 miles away so I need to be able to give her
assistance remotely.
I've used Teamviewer with great success for people with PCs but I'm
wondering if there's an equivalent for people who use Android tablets
that anyone's tried?

As Nick says, Teamviewer is available for Androis and IOS. I'm not sure if it's in the free-for-personal-use category though.

Remote control is possible for /some/ devices

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/product...e-support.aspx

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/34...eamViewer.aspx

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 13:04:20 +0000, polygonum
wrote:

On 28/12/2014 12:56, Nick wrote:
In message ,
Murmansk writes
I'm trying to get an older disabled lady I know into using the
Internet after having inspired her by showing her my tablet on a
Christmas visit.

The problem is she's 200 miles away so I need to be able to give her
assistance remotely.

I've used Teamviewer with great success for people with PCs but I'm
wondering if there's an equivalent for people who use Android tablets
that anyone's tried?

Sorry if I've missed something, but there's a full set of Teamviewer
software in the Google Play store.

I don't know if anything has changed, but inability to take control of
IOS devices (iPhone, iPad) was a major reason for me to avoid them when
looking for a tablet device for an elderly person. Android certainly
could be remotely controlled by several products.

Helping my elderly Mum with her iPad2 wasn't possible via Teamviewer
at the time we first got it for her so would be good to find out it is
possible now (although re the iPad I don't believe it is).

You can use *it* and Teamviewer to manage other / remote systems
though and I have done whilst round mums on a few occasions.

Interesting to see (from Nicks reply) that some of these device can be
controlled remotely via the likes of Teamviewer as I though that
because of how apps were kept 'separate on iOS and Android was why it
wasn't possible. (But I haven't really tried since first getting the
iPad for mum and the Archos for myself).

Cheers, T i m