Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Android Tablet

I used to use Groundhog as my newsgroup reader on my old Asus tablet. I recently upgraded to a Samsung tablet and now I can't find a way to post. I'm having to use Google groups to post this. Any help appreciated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 December 2018 15:26:27 UTC, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
I used to use Groundhog as my newsgroup reader on my old Asus tablet.
I recently upgraded to a Samsung tablet and now I can't find a way
to post. I'm having to use Google groups to post this. Any help appreciated.

Apparently it should be in the Google App Store, if you still use Android

https://www.newsgroupreviews.com/groundhog.html

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:

Lawrence Milbourn wrote:

I used to use Groundhog as my newsgroup reader

I never got on well with it

Apparently it should be in the Google App Store

Seems to have gone from the play store, but still available from various
APK download sites, I won't link to any particular as you need to decide
which you trust.

https://www.newsgroupreviews.com/groundhog.html

There's also the piaohong newsreader, but I didn't like that one either

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=PiaoHong&hl=en
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don't you have to mess with Samsungs to get access to that these days?
I'm not a tableteer myself, Rather have a laptop. Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Lawrence Milbourn" wrote in message
I used to use Groundhog as my newsgroup reader on my old Asus tablet. I
recently upgraded to a Samsung tablet and now I can't find a way to post.
I'm having to use Google groups to post this. Any help appreciated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/12/2018 09:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you have to mess with Samsungs to get access to that these days?

No - I use Groundhog on a Samsung Galaxy S9+.
Just download the APK as already mentioned, enable "install from unknown
sources" (ie non Google Play apps) in Settings, and install using a file
browser.

Maybe you're thinking of rooting, which isn't trivial on Samsung's
Knox-enabled range.

--
Reentrant