Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Covid inoculation

Dave Plowman wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

When will you get it into your prejudiced head that there was nothing
to stop any individual EU country ordering vaccine for itself?

That's not what France, Germany, The Netherlands, and possibly another
EU member were told when they formed a consortium last Spring to make a
bulk purchase. The Commission told the countries concerned not to, and
the health ministers of those countries were ordered by their own
goverments to write grovelling letters of apology to the Commission.

Source of your information?

English translation of letter from the "inclusive vaccine alliance"
published in Bild.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https://bild.de/politik/spahn-74734176.bild.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Feb 2021 13:01:25 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

There is no mention of him receiving the vaccine.

He didn't, because he was being treated for pneumonia.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
There is no mention of him receiving the vaccine.

ISTR reading he couldn't have the vaccine due to being on medication.

--
*Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
As I have pointed out ad nauseam, the EU is a giant bureaucracy with no
ability to act quickly when needed. And yet some want to take us back into it.
Astonishing.

You are really funny. We spent 4 years negotiating a deal which our
parliament passed. A real pig's ear of an agreement, as has been
subsequently shown.

Physician, heal thyself.

--
*My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
But I've no doubt you Tories will still spin it into some form of
success.

And how you Labourites will spin. Perhaps we should have had a lockdown
more along the lines of Cambodia or a police state like China where
people like Major Tom woulod not have been free to fly and become a
statistic.

Has anyone asked Major Tom if his holiday was worth dying before his time?

It wasn’t the holiday that killed him and he didn’t die before his time
either.

And he chose to not have heroic intervention when he got pneumonia.

Rather obviously not.

And I'd say a decent clampdown until the desired result
might well have been better than this on/off approach.

Yep, the experience in Melbourne Australia proves that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 06/02/2021 04:59, Fred wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 05/02/2021 03:28, Fred wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 04/02/2021 15:09, Martin Brown wrote:
That saves the largest absolute number of lives.

Also very conveniently 'saves' the people who are
most likely to have voted Leave and/or Conservative,
while the hundreds of thousands of younger folk who
have had their education and employment prospects totally shattered,

Thats bull****. At most it might be delayed.

are presumably just 'collateral damage', not
to mention all the businesses that have or are going to fail.

Thats unavoidable with a pandemic like this.

Dec 2024 GE is going to be interesting, as will all intervening
budgets. Who will be paying the extra taxes that are needed ?.

Or not given how low interest rates are now.

They were low in the 1960's

Nothing like as low as they are now.

but by 1973 to 1978 inflation was up to 25% per year, while interest
rates were still only about 7%.

But that is very unlikely to happen soon
now given that interest rates are still
falling and are negative in some areas.

You are forgetting that the only interest rate that matters is the
10-year gilt,

Nope, and thats not true either.

Thanks for confirming that you know eff all about economics.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 06/02/2021 05:01, Fred wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 05/02/2021 03:15, Fred wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 03/02/2021 20:09, Martin Brown wrote:
The effect of the vaccine is to tip the scales against you catching
it, but it is a numbers game. It looks from current data that the AZ
Oxford vaccine reduces your chances of catching it by 50-60% and
reduces your risk of being hospitalised by a very much larger factor.

It also cuts down the spread too,

That isnt known for certain yet.

Yes it is.

No it isnt, its still being studied.

Keep up.

You are the one that needs to do that.

You are a spec in my rear-view mirror, and are destined
to stay there.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Even more true when we voted in the likes of Farage as an MEP. Who in
any other industry would have been sacked for idleness. Yet the likes
of you believed him implicitly.

I laughed when you called Farage idle. He must have been remarkably
effect when he hasn't been idle.

You are saying he did his elected job as an MEP with due diligence?

Oddly, yes. He was elected by people who did not want to be part of the
EU and were quite happy for him to not work within it. While many people
are understandably unhappy with his (in)actions, you can be fairly sure
that the vast majority of those that voted for his party were expecting
him to do nothing, oppose everything or be disruptive. Now, I don't
agree with opposing everything or or disrupting everything, but simply
doing nothing ... okay, as long as those that elected him were happy for
that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
On 05 Feb 2021 at 00:59:00 GMT, "Dave Plowman News)"
wrote:

When will you get it into your prejudiced head that there was nothing to
stop any individual EU country ordering vaccine for itself?

That's not what France, Germany, The Netherlands, and possibly another EU
member were told when they formed a consortium last Spring to make a bulk
purchase. The Commission told the countries concerned not to, and the health
ministers of those countries were ordered by their own goverments to write
grovelling letters of apology to the Commission.

Clearly somone doesn't appreciate the difference between an "Individual EU country"
(D.Plowman) and "a consortium" (T.Streater).

And while the EU would not object to an individual countrty with its limited bargaining
ability securing supplies on its own behalf, it would certainly object to its largest
members formong a separate consortium amongst themselves, using their bargaining
power to secure a deal at the expense of smaller EU members.

michael adams

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without
evidence."
-- Christopher Hitchens

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/2021 14:18, Tim Streater wrote:
Hmmm, I suppose what's needed is a dictator who could cut across this. But for
some strange reason no one likes that either.

can you still get those T shirts "Hitlers European Tour, 1939-1945"?

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Has anyone asked Major Tom if his holiday was worth dying before his time?
Rather obviously not.

I have known several people who have refused treatment for conditions
that killed them.

He may well have thought one last fling before he dies was worthwhile.

And I'm not quite sure what you mean by before his time.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
Has anyone asked Major Tom if his holiday was worth dying before his time?
Rather obviously not.

I have known several people who have refused treatment for conditions
that killed them.

He may well have thought one last fling before he dies was worthwhile.

And I'm not quite sure what you mean by before his time.

It means (to me) dying of something that could be prevented.

--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Texas Covid Surge ! ! Texas Covid Surge ! ! [email protected] Home Repair 10 June 21st 20 01:05 AM
[OT] Can mail be contaminated with Covid-19? Ophelia[_10_] UK diy 3 March 25th 20 03:33 PM
[OT] Can mail be contaminated with Covid-19? T i m UK diy 2 March 25th 20 08:44 AM
COVID-19 UK graph Rod Speed UK diy 1 March 24th 20 07:41 PM
[OT] Can mail be contaminated with Covid-19? Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) UK diy 1 March 24th 20 05:41 PM