Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Got a letter

Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 18:39:37 UTC, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I think I'd rather have a jab under current circumstances...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 19:25, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 18:39:37 UTC, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I think I'd rather have a jab under current circumstances...

jag is Scottish for an English jab ......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 19:25, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 18:39:37 UTC, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I think I'd rather have a jab under current circumstances...

I've been on the fence about this but there's been a lot of
debate about anti-Vaxers on Facebook lately. I am
now coming forward to stand up and say I'm firmly in
the anti-Vax camp. And I know most will be rolling their
eyes at this now.
I have my reasons, like many anti-Vaxers, but its
important that everyone approaches this sensitive
topic armed with the information THEY know to be
true. I know my truth and I have first hand experience
that backs up my stance.
I had a Vax once and it was the noisiest, worst vacuum
cleaner ever. I will never buy one again. All these
armchair experts have clearly never experienced the
disappointment of having to go over the same piece of
carpet again and again to pick up the same piece of
fluff.

(stolen from social media posts)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 22:16, alan_m wrote:
[...]

You should get a carpet sweeper like my mother had. No need to find an
electric power socket and have trailing cables or batteries that always
need charging. The extra effort you need to clean the carpet will help
to keep you fit. It is still possible to buy them.

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 22:16:01 +0000, alan_m wrote:

[...]

But if you don't have the Vax, you won't develop the Antidysons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 23:19:38 +0000, Michael Chare wrote:

[...]

And they're cheap. You'll be laughing all the way to Ewbank.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 00:21, Bob Eager wrote:

But if you don't have the Vax, you won't develop the Antidysons.

I swapped my Vax for a Sparc, obviously that was before the world went
PC. Never heard of an Antidyson?, but it sounds like we should
noplatform it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 18:39:32 +0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I had a Jag 3.8 Mk2 in 1966, British racing green with automatic overdrive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... was thinking very hard :
On 01/02/2021 19:25, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 18:39:37 UTC, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I think I'd rather have a jab under current circumstances...

jag is Scottish for an English jab ......

Beat you - I have a local surgery appointment for this Thursday 4th and
yesterday I received the NHS letter to book one at one of the more
distant big centres. Local surgery messaged me last week, to ring and
make my appointment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 21:10, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 20:25:27 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

On 01/02/2021 19:25, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 18:39:37 UTC, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I think I'd rather have a jab under current circumstances...

jag is Scottish for an English jab ......

I have a cousin in Glasgow who says jag. I didn't understand at
first...

there you go then...I speak the truth

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I got a letter too, but being blind its having to wait to be read till this
morning
I bet its miles away, and I'm waiting for my local doctors surgery to talk
to me about either a home one or a more local one. Apparently the national
system does not see your medical records so cannot know if you are disabled
or not.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"polygonum_on_google" wrote in message
On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 18:39:37 UTC, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I think I'd rather have a jab under current circumstances...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 23:19, Michael Chare wrote:
[...]

ewbank...got loads but try and put the rollers back in place with that
stupid spring after removal for deep cleaning...almost impossible

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 05:01, jon wrote:
On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 18:39:32 +0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I had a Jag 3.8 Mk2 in 1966, British racing green with automatic overdrive.

A jAGWAR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking Jimmy Stewart ... wrote :
two jags?

Just on about jabs being maybe cancelled here, due to snow and her
indoors called it a jag too - Edinburgh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 06:10, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... was thinking very hard :
On 01/02/2021 19:25, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 18:39:37 UTC, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I think I'd rather have a jab under current circumstances...

jag is Scottish for an English jab ......

Beat you - I have a local surgery appointment for this Thursday 4th and
yesterday I received the NHS letter to book one at one of the more
distant big centres. Local surgery messaged me last week, to ring and
make my appointment.

My partner and I had ours on 19th January. No advance booking, just a
telephone call in the morning asking if we could be at a nearby surgery
at 1pm that day.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... was thinking very hard :
On 01/02/2021 19:25, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 18:39:37 UTC, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I think I'd rather have a jab under current circumstances...

jag is Scottish for an English jab ......

Beat you - I have a local surgery appointment for this Thursday 4th and
yesterday I received the NHS letter to book one at one of the more
distant big centres. Local surgery messaged me last week, to ring and
make my appointment.

I got *three* letters on Friday last week offering me appointments for
my Covid injection, two from my GP (with different codes for the web
site) and one from the NHS.

I had my first jab the previous week!

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
I have a cousin in Glasgow who says jag. I didn't understand at
first...

Perhaps too poor to have seen a Jaguar car?

--
*If you don't like the news, go out and make some.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 10:33:10 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... was thinking very hard :
On 01/02/2021 19:25, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 18:39:37 UTC, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I think I'd rather have a jab under current circumstances...

jag is Scottish for an English jab ......

Beat you - I have a local surgery appointment for this Thursday 4th and
yesterday I received the NHS letter to book one at one of the more
distant big centres. Local surgery messaged me last week, to ring and
make my appointment.

I got *three* letters on Friday last week offering me appointments for
my Covid injection, two from my GP (with different codes for the web
site) and one from the NHS.

I had my first jab the previous week!

Book an appointment for a fortnight's time, then you'll have had them 3
weeks apart.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 05:01, jon wrote:
On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 18:39:32 +0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I had a Jag 3.8 Mk2 in 1966, British racing green with automatic overdrive.

I've got a jag XF. metallic blue with Irish plates. Love it.

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 00:49:58 +0000, Pancho wrote:

On 02/02/2021 00:21, Bob Eager wrote:

But if you don't have the Vax, you won't develop the Antidysons.

I swapped my Vax for a Sparc, obviously that was before the world went
PC. Never heard of an Antidyson?, but it sounds like we should
noplatform it.

I still have three VAXes, and they all run VMS.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 18:39, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

More reliable than that old septic tank mustang ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 12:30, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 00:49:58 +0000, Pancho wrote:

On 02/02/2021 00:21, Bob Eager wrote:

But if you don't have the Vax, you won't develop the Antidysons.

I swapped my Vax for a Sparc, obviously that was before the world went
PC. Never heard of an Antidyson?, but it sounds like we should
noplatform it.

I still have three VAXes, and they all run VMS.

What is your annual electric bill though ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 13:40, Andrew wrote:
On 02/02/2021 12:30, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 00:49:58 +0000, Pancho wrote:

On 02/02/2021 00:21, Bob Eager wrote:

But if you don't have the Vax, you won't develop the Antidysons.

I swapped my Vax for a Sparc, obviously that was before the world went
PC. Never heard of an Antidyson?, but it sounds like we should
noplatform it.

I still have three VAXes, and they all run VMS.

What is your annual electric bill though ?

I'd not be surprised to learn Bob uses radioisotope thermopiles that
were going spare jealous face

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
[...]

Ÿuff.

Nicked, thank you. Very good. ;-)

--
*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 14:37:13 +0000, Robin wrote:

On 02/02/2021 13:40, Andrew wrote:
On 02/02/2021 12:30, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 00:49:58 +0000, Pancho wrote:

On 02/02/2021 00:21, Bob Eager wrote:

But if you don't have the Vax, you won't develop the Antidysons.

I swapped my Vax for a Sparc, obviously that was before the world
went PC. Never heard of an Antidyson?, but it sounds like we should
noplatform it.

I still have three VAXes, and they all run VMS.

What is your annual electric bill though ?

I'd not be surprised to learn Bob uses radioisotope thermopiles that
were going spare jealous face

I don't run them very much - one is in storage. Same with the PDP-11s.
Can't wait to build the replica PDP-10!

It's all the other computers that hit the leccy bill...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 15:58, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 14:37:13 +0000, Robin wrote:

On 02/02/2021 13:40, Andrew wrote:
On 02/02/2021 12:30, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 00:49:58 +0000, Pancho wrote:

On 02/02/2021 00:21, Bob Eager wrote:

But if you don't have the Vax, you won't develop the Antidysons.

I swapped my Vax for a Sparc, obviously that was before the world
went PC. Never heard of an Antidyson?, but it sounds like we should
noplatform it.

I still have three VAXes, and they all run VMS.

What is your annual electric bill though ?

I'd not be surprised to learn Bob uses radioisotope thermopiles that
were going spare jealous face

I don't run them very much - one is in storage. Same with the PDP-11s.
Can't wait to build the replica PDP-10!

It's all the other computers that hit the leccy bill...

Raspberry Pis, old chap, cheap on watts.

With the leccy you save you can build a refrigerated, mini server room,
complete with Halon gas, and put them in the middle, and go there
whenever you want to slope off from doing real work. Just like the olden
days :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 13:24, Andrew wrote:
On 01/02/2021 18:39, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

More reliable than that old septic tank mustang ?

doubt that
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 16:51, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 02/02/2021 13:24, Andrew wrote:
On 01/02/2021 18:39, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

More reliable than that old septic tank mustang ?

doubt that

126 thousand miles......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zIYU-Ngac

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 05:01, jon wrote:
On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 18:39:32 +0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I had a Jag 3.8 Mk2 in 1966, British racing green with automatic
overdrive.

I've got a jag XF. metallic blue with Irish plates. Love it.

I would have imagined you with more a fawn colour jag.

But blue it is.

https://i2-prod.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article10031527.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/WA521299.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 17:00, Pancho wrote:
On 02/02/2021 05:01, jon wrote:
On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 18:39:32 +0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo

I had a Jag 3.8 Mk2 in 1966, British racing green with automatic
overdrive.

I've got a jag XF. metallic blue with Irish plates. Love it.

I would have imagined you with more a fawn colour jag.

But blue it is.

https://i2-prod.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article10031527.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/WA521299.jpg

nah. that's DARK blue.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02102018583373
is the colour.

Or will be when it gets its spring pressure wash

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2021 15:58, Bob Eager wrote:
Can't wait to build the replica PDP-10!

Ooh keep us posted. First machine I ever used much.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 16:26:43 +0000, Pancho wrote:

[...]

Too bloody slow. And closed hardware.