Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A letter that I sent to Home Depot that I never got an answer to:

How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Danco-Cartridg.../dp/B00NWMQ7C8

but your stores don't carry it or even knows how to order it even though Home Depot owns Glacier Bay?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:47:29 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown
wrote:

How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Danco-Cartridg.../dp/B00NWMQ7C8

but your stores don't carry it or even knows how to order it even though Home Depot owns Glacier Bay?

Top Secret. We have to kill you. Good news is we can't eat you. It's
against our laws.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/19/15 4:47 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Danco-Cartridg.../dp/B00NWMQ7C8

but your stores don't carry it or even knows how to order it even though Home Depot owns Glacier Bay?

Home Depot does not own DANCO.
You expect too much from HD to know who all makes replacement parts
for all the stuff they sell.

Got a Lowes near you ?
http://www.lowes.com/pd_474357-1366-...ductId=4764883
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Danco-Cartridg.../dp/B00NWMQ7C8

but your stores don't carry it or even knows how to order it even though Home Depot owns Glacier Bay?

It must be because you are so smart.

Nah, there's got to be some other reason.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/19/2015 4:47 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Danco-Cartridg.../dp/B00NWMQ7C8

but your stores don't carry it or even knows how to order it even though Home Depot owns Glacier Bay?

Glacier Bay is the name of a line of faucets and other plumbing supplies
sold by Home Depot. They do not own the factory. Globe Union makes
many brands for themselves and others.

Danco does a good job of making and selling repair parts. Some are
better than OEM, some are not.

Home Depot sells a lot of mediocre equipment. If you had a better brand
you'd not be needed repairs yet. Kohler, Moen, Delta are better choices.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/19/2015 4:47 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Danco-Cartridg.../dp/B00NWMQ7C8

but your stores don't carry it or even knows how to order it even
though Home Depot owns Glacier Bay?

Glacier Bay is the name of a line of faucets and other plumbing
supplies sold by Home Depot. They do not own the factory. Globe
Union makes many brands for themselves and others.

Danco does a good job of making and selling repair parts. Some are
better than OEM, some are not.

Home Depot sells a lot of mediocre equipment. If you had a better
brand you'd not be needed repairs yet. Kohler, Moen, Delta are
better choices.

Don't the major brands offer lifetime replacement of such parts?

Posted to alt.home.repair

If so then why is there NO mention of "Glacier Bay" on the Globe Union website?
Why do you get diddly squat when you do a search for Glacier Bay on The Globe Union
website?
Why is it that Home Depot is the ONLY page that opens-up when you click on Glacier Bay?
I would NEVER buy a s..t brand like glacier bay. My client has it in his shower and would prefer not to break the wall to replace it.
When it comes to faucets the only brand that I buy is Chicago.

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 5:53:56 PM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/19/2015 4:47 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Danco-Cartridg.../dp/B00NWMQ7C8

but your stores don't carry it or even knows how to order it even though Home Depot owns Glacier Bay?

Glacier Bay is the name of a line of faucets and other plumbing supplies
sold by Home Depot. They do not own the factory. Globe Union makes
many brands for themselves and others.

Danco does a good job of making and selling repair parts. Some are
better than OEM, some are not.

Home Depot sells a lot of mediocre equipment. If you had a better brand
you'd not be needed repairs yet. Kohler, Moen, Delta are better choices.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 4:08:01 PM UTC-7, Retired wrote:
On 10/19/15 4:47 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Danco-Cartridg.../dp/B00NWMQ7C8

Thank you for that. Now I know to go to Lowe's and not Home Depot next time I need a faucet part.