Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default A letter that I sent to Home Depot that I never got an answer to:

On 10/19/2015 4:47 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Danco-Cartridg.../dp/B00NWMQ7C8

but your stores don't carry it or even knows how to order it even though Home Depot owns Glacier Bay?

Glacier Bay is the name of a line of faucets and other plumbing supplies
sold by Home Depot. They do not own the factory. Globe Union makes
many brands for themselves and others.

Danco does a good job of making and selling repair parts. Some are
better than OEM, some are not.

Home Depot sells a lot of mediocre equipment. If you had a better brand
you'd not be needed repairs yet. Kohler, Moen, Delta are better choices.