Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Finishing Oak.

We are coming to the end of having a new staircase fitted. Apart from
specifying and ordering, my total involvement so far has been helping
manoeuvre it through the front door and machining up a strip of farm Oak
to finish the landing return!
I don't think beeswax is ideal as a stair finish but what should I use?
My carpenters have recommended *Osmo* which is a fancy finishing oil
from Germany.
Attempting to buy some through Amazon, I got caught by their new secure
login: where you have to *tap* the message sent to your mobile! Are
geriatric/Luddites not allowed to shop anymore! I suppose I could get
the catering dept. to use her account. Two birds with one stone as the
new stair was entirely her idea!
--
Tim Lamb

Metal finishing and aluminium finishing Mitch Harmatz Home Repair 0 June 7th 13 01:50 PM
Oak Finishing: Need Advice Brian Siano Woodworking 9 August 1st 05 08:36 PM
Finishing oak table P.R.Brady UK diy 3 August 19th 04 08:07 PM
Red Oak for Arts and Crafts style? finishing? JMWEBER987 Woodworking 8 May 31st 04 05:00 PM
Clarify finishing red oak plywood Chris Woodworking 4 May 12th 04 03:46 PM