Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Finishing Oak.

On 15 Jan 2021 at 00:26:44 GMT, "John Rumm"
wrote:

On 13/01/2021 20:14, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Fredxx
writes
On 12/01/2021 18:16, Tim Lamb wrote:
We are coming to the end of having a new staircase fitted. Apart from
specifying and ordering, my total involvement so far has been helping
manoeuvre it through the front door and machining up a strip of farm
OakÂ* to finish the landing return!
I don't think beeswax is ideal as a stair finish but what should I
use?Â* My carpenters have recommended *Osmo* which is a fancy
finishing oilÂ* from Germany.

It is an oil that a lot of professionals use. I know someone who
swears by the stuff,

Perhaps someone could explain what is meant by *lint free cloth*. I had
in mind surreptitiously acquiring a handy teacloth:-)

Something that does not shed fibres into your nice finish while applying it!

Microfibre or fine linen (chamois substitute) cloths are practical solutions.

--
Roger Hayter