Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Finishing Oak.

We are coming to the end of having a new staircase fitted. Apart from
specifying and ordering, my total involvement so far has been helping
manoeuvre it through the front door and machining up a strip of farm Oak
to finish the landing return!
I don't think beeswax is ideal as a stair finish but what should I use?
My carpenters have recommended *Osmo* which is a fancy finishing oil
from Germany.
Attempting to buy some through Amazon, I got caught by their new secure
login: where you have to *tap* the message sent to your mobile! Are
geriatric/Luddites not allowed to shop anymore! I suppose I could get
the catering dept. to use her account. Two birds with one stone as the
new stair was entirely her idea!
--
Tim Lamb