Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default Heads up LED bulbs B&Q

Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
....Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

On 23/12/2020 10:05, Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

also in the non-clearance area as well

--
The world will end, Not with a bang, but with a whimper on the wind
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

Does the price include someone coming round your house to fit them for you,
Jim? Thanks, Jim.

--
STC / M0TEY
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/2020 10:46, Stephen Cole wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

Does the price include someone coming round your house to fit them for you,
Jim? Thanks, Jim.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa do you really think somebody who has MRICS
professional qualifications would need that ? ......

--
The world will end, Not with a bang, but with a whimper on the wind
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

Does the price include someone coming round your house to fit them for
you,
Jim? Thanks, Jim.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa do you really think somebody who has MRICS
professional qualifications would need that ? ......

You are just jealious because the only time a photographer gets dirty is
putting on his body paint ....tee hee

--
The world will end, Not with a bang, but with a whimper on the wind

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

Does the price include someone coming round your house to fit them for you,
Jim? Thanks, Jim.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa do you really think somebody who has MRICS
professional qualifications would need that ? ......

You had major problems changing a lightbulb only a few weeks ago, Jim. Its
all in the archives, mate. Thanks, Jim.

--
STC / M0TEY
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

Does the price include someone coming round your house to fit them for you,
Jim? Thanks, Jim.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa do you really think somebody who has MRICS
professional qualifications would need that ? ......

You had major problems changing a lightbulb only a few weeks ago, Jim. Its
all in the archives, mate. Thanks, Jim.

Well you make it sound simple as with a house light bulb......well with
an IC728 transceiver you have to open it up and split the PA section
away and fold out the front panel...then you have to unsolder from the
circuit board the miniature bulbs then solder in new miniature bulbs
than put it all back together again or were you referring to the
electroluminescent panel on the scanner which requires you cut the panel
to size and then connect the high voltage terminals....all not as easy
as replacing a light bulb in a house....but I don't suppose you are any
good at that either.....

--
The world will end, Not with a bang, but with a whimper on the wind
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/2020 12:45, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 23/12/2020 12:32, Stephen Cole wrote:

You had major problems changing a lightbulb only a few weeks ago, Jim.
Its
all in the archives, mate. Thanks, Jim.

Well you make it sound simple as with a house light bulb......well with
an IC728 transceiver you have to open it up and split the PA section
away and fold out the front panel...then you have to unsolder from the
circuit board the miniature bulbs then solder in new miniature bulbs
than put it all back together again or were you referring to the
electroluminescent panel on the scanner which requires you cut the panel
to size and then connect the high voltage terminals....all not as easy
as replacing a light bulb in a house....but I don't suppose you are any
good at that either.....

Q. How many cockroaches does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Nobody knows, because as soon as the light comes back on, they all
scatter! :-)

A Very Merry Christmas to all my readers, even to the abusive child-like
cole and mm0fmf, in the hope that they'll take it to heart and start
behaving like responsible adults.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 13:16:29 +0000
gareth evans wrote:

[...]

Gareth, will you ask your fellow pathological liar Rambo why he said
that he held a Full Amateur radio licence when he really only held an
Intermediate Amateur radio licence, Gareth?

Gareth, **** off, Evans.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim Stewart wrote:
[...]

Its all in the archives, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

--
STC / M0TEY

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Heads_up_LED_bulbs_B=26Q_-=c2=a350_!!!?=

On 23/12/2020 10:05, Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

I do not see them on their website but I did find this for £50:

https://www.diy.com/departments/phil...9673123_BQ.prd

I never knew that you could spend so much money on a light bulb.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default Heads up LED bulbs B&Q -£50 !!!

In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/12/2020 10:05, Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

I do not see them on their website but I did find this for £50:

https://www.diy.com/departments/phil...9673123_BQ.prd

I never knew that you could spend so much money on a light bulb.

Easy. Buy some decent LED headlight bulbs for your car.

--
*I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim Stewart wrote:
[...]

Aren't the B&Q Diall LED lamps some of the worst for radiating RF noise?
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/2020 13:16, gareth evans wrote:
[...]

scatter!Â* :-)

A Very Merry Christmas to all my readers, even to the abusive child-like
cole and mm0fmf, in the hope that they'll take it to heart and start
behaving like responsible adults.

fat chance
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim Stewart wrote:
[...]

I know it is so what...

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 16:39:25 +0000
"Jim Stewart ..." wrote:

[...]

all scatter!Â* :-)

A Very Merry Christmas to all my readers, even to the abusive
child-like cole and mm0fmf, in the hope that they'll take it to
heart and start behaving like responsible adults.

fat ****

Well done, Jim!

**** off, Stewart.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/12/2020 10:05, Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

I do not see them on their website but I did find this for £50:

https://www.diy.com/departments/phil...9673123_BQ.prd

I never knew that you could spend so much money on a light bulb.

Easy. Buy some decent LED headlight bulbs for your car.

led lights should not be used in a car...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/2020 16:39, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

It is difficult to know why they and their ilk behave as they do in
these international fora on Usenet. It is not the way to garner
respect from their fellow men, far from it. Most of us left behind their
ritual repetitive sneering in the playground of the pre-school
kindergarten playground.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default Heads up LED bulbs B&Q ?Q?=2D=C2=A350?= !!!

Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/12/2020 10:05, Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

I do not see them on their website but I did find this for £50:

https://www.diy.com/departments/phil...9673123_BQ.prd

I never knew that you could spend so much money on a light bulb.

Easy. Buy some decent LED headlight bulbs for your car.

led lights should not be used in a car...

Why?

.... and I think someone had better tell the car manufacturers that as
most (all?) new cars are 100% LED nowadays.

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur
ARW ARW is offline

Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/12/2020 10:05, Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

I do not see them on their website but I did find this for £50:

https://www.diy.com/departments/phil...9673123_BQ.prd

I never knew that you could spend so much money on a light bulb.

Easy. Buy some decent LED headlight bulbs for your car.

led lights should not be used in a car...

Why?

... and I think someone had better tell the car manufacturers that as
most (all?) new cars are 100% LED nowadays.

And I am sure that LED is not what Dave was suggesting.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/12/2020 10:05, Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

I do not see them on their website but I did find this for £50:

https://www.diy.com/departments/phil...9673123_BQ.prd

I never knew that you could spend so much money on a light bulb.

Easy. Buy some decent LED headlight bulbs for your car.

led lights should not be used in a car...

Why?

It is a hostile environment best suited to normal bulbs and energy
saving is not an issue.....but then again fannies just love to replace
all their cheap bulbs with expensive led lights...and they love all
those illegal colours....and they bugger up my eyesight
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim Stewart wrote:
[...]

Jim wont notice, tbh, not with his inept shack set up.

--
STC / M0TEY
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default ?Q?=20Heads=20up=20LED=20bulbs=20B&Q=20-=C2=A350?=?Q?=20!!!?=

Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/12/2020 10:05, Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

I do not see them on their website but I did find this for £50:

https://www.diy.com/departments/phil...9673123_BQ.prd

I never knew that you could spend so much money on a light bulb.

Easy. Buy some decent LED headlight bulbs for your car.

led lights should not be used in a car...

Why?

Theyre too ****ing bright. Like permanent high-beams. Deeply irritating
coming at you at night.

--
STC / M0TEY
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default =?iso-8859-1?q?_Heads_up_LED_bulbs_B&Q_-_=FA50_!!!?=

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 06:22:26 +0000, jim.gm4dhj wrote:

It is a hostile environment best suited to normal bulbs ...

True it's a hositile enviroment, that's why my car has got through
three if not four sets of halogen headlight bulbs in 5 years. Bog
standard ones, not "high brightness" ones. Tried a pair of those,
better light but only lasted a month before literally exploding.
Complained and got a refund.

Design fault IMHO, sodding big solenoids (you can hear them operate
inside the car) that moves a shutter to produce the dip/main beam. If
there is one thing halogen bulbs don't like it's being thwacked when
lit.

and energy saving is not an issue.....

Don't think there is a lot in it between halogen and LED anyway.

... but then again fannies just love to replace all their cheap bulbs
with expensive led lights...

I would if they shoved out more light than halogen.

... and they love all those illegal colours....and they bugger up my
eyesight

Not getting confused with HID and "projector" fittings are you? They
were and still are awful. It says something when the, to be legal,
fitting has to have automatic leveling and washers. The optics
produced colour fringing and a very intense point source. LED on the
other tend to be a much larger source without colour fringing.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Heads_up_LED_bulbs_B=26Q_-_=c3=ba50_!!!?=

On 24/12/2020 09:14, Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

They can, and do, do.

... and they love all those illegal colours....and they bugger up my
eyesight

Not getting confused with HID and "projector" fittings are you? They
were and still are awful. It says something when the, to be legal,
fitting has to have automatic leveling and washers. The optics
produced colour fringing and a very intense point source. LED on the
other tend to be a much larger source without colour fringing.

maybe.

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

I think the most annoying domestic device with illumination issues was a
Pioneer receiver back in the 70s. Very good receiver, but who on earth
decided to make the dial pointer a Perspex light pipe with a tiny wired in
bulb on the top and put tine fuse like lights behind the blue dial? To get
the pointer bulb out needed a soldering iron. I pretty soon tired of this
and modified it to use an led. Same for the stereo light. But the dial
lights I had to change every year or so, and this needed half the dial
mechanism to be dismantled to get at the sockets for the bulbs. In the end I
actually traced the supply to these bulbs and put two series diodes in
series with it, which dropped it by a bit over a volt and hence they did not
blow so often.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"gareth evans" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default Heads up LED bulbs B&Q -pound 50 !!!

Its more than a light bulb its a fashion statement. Today I am going to
illuminate my bathroom in shell pink and as the sun sets it will change to
a golden yellow...

chuckle

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
On 23/12/2020 10:05, Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

I do not see them on their website but I did find this for £50:

https://www.diy.com/departments/phil...9673123_BQ.prd

I never knew that you could spend so much money on a light bulb.

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default ?B?UmU6IEhlYWRzIHVwIExFRCBidWxicyBCJlEgLcKjNTAgIS Eh?=

Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/12/2020 10:05, Jim Stewart wrote:
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3
...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought
a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day

I do not see them on their website but I did find this for £50:

https://www.diy.com/departments/phil...9673123_BQ.prd

I never knew that you could spend so much money on a light bulb.

Easy. Buy some decent LED headlight bulbs for your car.

led lights should not be used in a car...

Why?

I can think of lots of reasons why to use them.
Last longer
Less susceptible to damage through vibration.
Run cooler so less chance of damage to the fitting.
Use a lot less current, so leaving lights on less likely to flatten the
battery.

--
*We waste time, so you don't have to *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default ?B?UmU6IEhlYWRzIHVwIExFRCBidWxicyBCJlEgLSDDujUwIC EhIQ==?=

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Not getting confused with HID and "projector" fittings are you? They
were and still are awful.

HID like any decent discharge lamp is available in a range of colour
temperature - actually for car use rather wider than LED.

Projector headlights allow a much sharper cut-off than plain reflector
types. And is more tolerant of the type and size of light source. I found
I got exactly the same beam pattern with halogen, HID and LED in the same
lamp. HID, by the way, was the most powerful.

The snag with a sharp cutoff is if the car bounces on a pothole etc, the
light as seen by oncoming traffic can go from little to a lot quickly.

As opposed to many reflector designs which merely annoy all the time. ;-)

--
*England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Why?

They‘re too ****ing bright. Like permanent high-beams. Deeply irritating
coming at you at night.

Surprisingly LEDs are available in various powers. Same as tungsten.

--
*Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was SHUT UP .

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default Heads up LED bulbs B&Q - ?Q?=C3=BA50?= !!!

Dave Liquorice wrote:

and energy saving is not an issue.....

Don't think there is a lot in it between halogen and LED anyway.

LED is 3 or 4 times more efficient than even low voltage halogen.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur
ARW ARW is offline

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Not getting confused with HID and "projector" fittings are you? They
were and still are awful.

HID like any decent discharge lamp is available in a range of colour
temperature - actually for car use rather wider than LED.

Projector headlights allow a much sharper cut-off than plain reflector
types. And is more tolerant of the type and size of light source. I found
I got exactly the same beam pattern with halogen, HID and LED in the same
lamp. HID, by the way, was the most powerful.

The snag with a sharp cutoff is if the car bounces on a pothole etc, the
light as seen by oncoming traffic can go from little to a lot quickly.

As opposed to many reflector designs which merely annoy all the time. ;-)

The ones that use H4?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default Heads up LED bulbs B&Q - ú50 !!!

In article ,
ARW wrote:
In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Not getting confused with HID and "projector" fittings are you? They
were and still are awful.

HID like any decent discharge lamp is available in a range of colour
temperature - actually for car use rather wider than LED.

Projector headlights allow a much sharper cut-off than plain reflector
types. And is more tolerant of the type and size of light source. I found
I got exactly the same beam pattern with halogen, HID and LED in the same
lamp. HID, by the way, was the most powerful.

The snag with a sharp cutoff is if the car bounces on a pothole etc, the
light as seen by oncoming traffic can go from little to a lot quickly.

As opposed to many reflector designs which merely annoy all the time. ;-)

The ones that use H4?

My tests were done with H7.

--
*How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

[...]

you can only adjust my headlight aim up or down....quality