Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Waterproof ready mixed white filler

The end wall of MIL's bungalow is rendered, and a very small bit of the
render has cracked off - possibly it has been hit by a vehicle.

I'm sure that the right way to fix it is to mix up a small amount of
sand and cement, and add some PVA, trowel it on and wait for it to dry,
and then paint it white.

Is there something I can buy, ready-mixed in a tub that I can just slap
on and be done with? Preferably without it needing to be painted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/12/2020 13:39, GB wrote:
The end wall of MIL's bungalow is rendered, and a very small bit of the
render has cracked off - possibly it has been hit by a vehicle.

I'm sure that the right way to fix it is to mix up a small amount of
sand and cement, and add some PVA, trowel it on and wait for it to dry,
and then paint it white.

Is there something I can buy, ready-mixed in a tub that I can just slap
on and be done with? Preferably without it needing to be painted.

Something like this?

https://www.ronseal.com/for-home/woo...finish-filler/

Depends how big an area you need to repair which is least hassle.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 06/12/2020 13:45, Martin Brown wrote:
On 06/12/2020 13:39, GB wrote:
The end wall of MIL's bungalow is rendered, and a very small bit of
the render has cracked off - possibly it has been hit by a vehicle.

I'm sure that the right way to fix it is to mix up a small amount of
sand and cement, and add some PVA, trowel it on and wait for it to
dry, and then paint it white.

Is there something I can buy, ready-mixed in a tub that I can just
slap on and be done with? Preferably without it needing to be painted.

Something like this?

https://www.ronseal.com/for-home/woo...finish-filler/

Depends how big an area you need to repair which is least hassle.

The hole is 4cms across and 2 cms deep, ie really small.

I can use that one, but it's grey, as are the one or two others I've found.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/12/2020 13:39, GB wrote:
The end wall of MIL's bungalow is rendered, and a very small bit of
the render has cracked off - possibly it has been hit by a vehicle.

I'm sure that the right way to fix it is to mix up a small amount of
sand and cement, and add some PVA, trowel it on and wait for it to
dry, and then paint it white.

Is there something I can buy, ready-mixed in a tub that I can just
slap on and be done with? Preferably without it needing to be painted.

Something like this?

https://www.ronseal.com/for-home/woo...finish-filler/

Depends how big an area you need to repair which is least hassle.

The hole is 4cms across and 2 cms deep, ie really small.

I can use that one, but it's grey, as are the one or two others I've found.

I think stuff with suitable properties for use outdoors is likely to
need a splash of paint. Maybe you could get away with some ready mixed
waterproof tile grout?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/12/2020 13:39, GB wrote:
The end wall of MIL's bungalow is rendered, and a very small bit of the
render has cracked off - possibly it has been hit by a vehicle.

I'm sure that the right way to fix it is to mix up a small amount of
sand and cement, and add some PVA, trowel it on and wait for it to dry,
and then paint it white.

Is there something I can buy, ready-mixed in a tub that I can just slap
on and be done with? Preferably without it needing to be painted.

not quite, but epoxy mortar or even car body filler is grey and is set
within a day making paint very easy to slap on...

Or you could use white Milliput.

The problem with mortar is that it sets and if it something in a tub
*dries* it will go crap if it gets wet. So you will at best get a bag of
sand and cement that you mix up with water. That will be useless three
months after opening.

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 06/12/2020 13:39, GB wrote:
The end wall of MIL's bungalow is rendered, and a very small bit of
the render has cracked off - possibly it has been hit by a vehicle.

I'm sure that the right way to fix it is to mix up a small amount of
sand and cement, and add some PVA, trowel it on and wait for it to
dry, and then paint it white.

Is there something I can buy, ready-mixed in a tub that I can just
slap on and be done with? Preferably without it needing to be painted.

not quite, but epoxy mortar or even car body filler is grey and is set
within a day making paint very easy to slap on...

Or you could use white Milliput.

The problem with mortar is that it sets and if itÂ* something in a tub
*dries* it will go crap if it gets wet. So you will at best get a bag of
sand and cement that you mix up with water. That will be useless three
months after opening.

I think I'll give in and get the exterior filler that Martin kindly
recommended. I can always go back another day and give it a splash of
paint.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
The hole is 4cms across and 2 cms deep, ie really small.

I can use that one, but it's grey, as are the one or two others I've found.

I have some Aldi stuff that does the business (internally anyway) that's a
bit like this:

https://www.toolstation.com/red-devi...-filler/p88654

(the TS listing says it's 'red' but the MSDS and reviews say it's white)

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/12/2020 13:39, GB wrote:
The end wall of MIL's bungalow is rendered, and a very small bit of the
render has cracked off - possibly it has been hit by a vehicle.

I'm sure that the right way to fix it is to mix up a small amount of
sand and cement, and add some PVA, trowel it on and wait for it to dry,
and then paint it white.

Is there something I can buy, ready-mixed in a tub that I can just slap
on and be done with? Preferably without it needing to be painted.

Nearly... the ready mixed Tetrion type fillers will do the job, but will
need painting.

A two part polyester resin filler like:

https://www.toolstation.com/ronseal-...-filler/p95718

can probably go without paint, and is white. However it would need
mixing on site.

--
Cheers,

John.